Carnival Karaoke Thread

Jabee

I am starting this thread as a way to discuss Karaoke on various ships.

Please share in a Post

1) The Ship Name

2) Date of your Cruise

3) Name of the Karoke Host/ess name

4) Typical times of Karaoke

5) What were the rules for under 18?

6) Were you allowed to use your own CD-G's?

7) Any other info that will help a future Cruiser know about Karaoke.

Lets make this fun, and I will update with a listing of Ships and Names as we go.

1) Fantasy

2) August 2007

3) Nichole

4) 9-12pm

5) over 15 only to sing...any age could sit in there and listen.

6) yes!!!

7) Nicky was great. We even did Crazy Karaoke and she went to great lengths to select a song that fit the singer!! NOTE: NO pitch control. They replaced the karaoke player with a DVD player???? And of course DVD players don't have pitch control. Perhaps during the refit, it will get the new CAV system.

1) Victory

2) Sept 29th 2007

3) Kyle (Disco DJ filling in)

4) 9-12

5) over 18 only to sing OR sit in there due to lyrical content

6) yes!!!

7) Kyle was just filling in and he is wonderful. He is usually in the Disco...so give him a listen!!

1) Holiday

2) Dec 8th 2007

3) Emie

4) 9-12 (sometimes 7-10 for late dining folks)

5) first hour was family (any age) 10pm on was 18 and over only to sing

any age to could sit and listen

6) yes!!!

7) Emie is wonderful but the sound system had gremlins. It would distort in the middle of a song and last through the rest of the song. Also, the pitch control on this system is broken. I am glad I brought my altered cdgs. She will be there through January...then off on a well earned break!!!

Is there a Karaoke Contest????? We will be on the Conquest 4/20/08

The Conquest will have The Legends show. There are 4 female and 6 male parts that they "audition" for ... a few each night at karaoke. If you win one of those spots, you perform in full costume on the main stage in front of everyone one night!!! It has to be the song they assign and the key can not be changed. It is a lot of fun.

Is there a Karaoke Contest????? We will be on the Conquest 4/20/08

8) Is there a Legends Show or a regular Talent Show?

Also some ships have a seperate Karaoke Show the last night.

On the Fantasy, Nikky had a special last night where SHE chose songs for you to sing. She had me singing Elvis and Chubby Checker (I normally sing Crooning music like Frank Sinatra.) It was a hoot to sing songs and styles I dont normally sing, but a bit scary as well.

Come on folks, bring us up to date on Karaoke on other ships!!

I know somebody besides Linda and I have been (sheesh, we keep doing the same ships.)

BTW, is Lovely Lynka doing Karaoke on the Conquest? If so, she is fantastic!

8) Is there a Legends Show or a regular Talent Show?

Also some ships have a seperate Karaoke Show the last night.

On the Fantasy, Nikky had a special last night where SHE chose songs for you to sing. She had me singing Elvis and Chubby Checker (I normally sing Crooning music like Frank Sinatra.) It was a hoot to sing songs and styles I dont normally sing, but a bit scary as well.

Come on folks, bring us up to date on Karaoke on other ships!!

I know somebody besides Linda and I have been (sheesh, we keep doing the same ships.)

BTW, is Lovely Lynka doing Karaoke on the Conquest? If so, she is fantastic!

I noticed that Nikky was really good at Crazy Karaoke. You could tell she was really listening so that she could do a good song match. Yes, it was "out of my comfort zone" but I am always willing to do something silly to add to the fun!!!

Did Emie on the Holiday ever get someone to fix that system???? Or were the gremlins still running about???

Was just on the Sensation. Tina was the host.

Each night from either 8-10 or 8-11. The day at Sea also had a 3:00-4:30 session. She was very good. On the Sensation there is not a Legends show. Some really good singers, and some, well......not so good, but some were entertaining anyway. Good crowd each session. Fun

Hi! I am going on Holiday 3/6 (and can't wait!) with a friend who also loves karaoke! We are discussing dinner times and don't really agree on early or late (we are 24). Which is better for karaoke on the Holiday? Thanks in advance!!

ahh, sorry for the double post! my computer wasn't loading up...

Hi! I am going on Holiday 3/6 (and can't wait!) with a friend who also loves karaoke! We are discussing dinner times and don't really agree on early or late (we are 24). Which is better for karaoke on the Holiday? Thanks in advance!!

ahh, sorry for the double post! my computer wasn't loading up...

We always eat at 5:45 and have never missed karaoke or been rushed on any ship. Even the 7pm session that some ships have for the late dinners one night is not a problem. (of course, I eat pretty fast)

I'm going 3/6 on Holiday. My friend and I love Karaoke and are having a discussion about dinner times. Is the early better for karaoke?? I'd prefer to eat late but don't want to miss my chance to sing!

The week I was on (which was during Christmas break with a large number of families on board) Karaoke was from 9:30 until 1:00 each night with the exception of one when it ended at 11 (so they could have Teen Karaoke.)

Under 18 were allowe to sing up until 11:00 each night, which I felt was a little late, but that was Emie's rule.

The Machine is pretty bad, and some tracks skipped pretty bad (but also understand, we had 12-14 foot waves we were sailing in.)

They are NOT doing much with anything on the ship, including Karaoke. The only monitor sat on a stool and the audience could not see words toi sing along.

The first night was almost empty and Emie was begging for singers on both of my cruises. The second night was formal night, and the lounge was packed both cruises.

Emie is fun, but not very strict. She allowd a few kids to sing after the 11:00 time, and also allowed people with drinks on the dance floor and even on stage (which most ships will not allow.

She will be off the ship after January, so you will see someone different by the time you cruise in March. I will be interested in hearing how your cruise goes.

JB

Archived