Ship Luggage Service

cruiseonly

Does NCL offer the ship luggage service from Miami.

I did see a service offered for 3 airlines only where your luggage to be checked is taken directly from the ship and checked into your flight so you never have to see it again until you reach home. I wish I could remember the airlines but I know that Southwest and USair are NOT included...those are the two my family and our friends flew.

I don't think I would like this.

Airlines loose bags too often. And it seems like there would have to be a lot of middlemen here and little to no accountability.

At least, if I'm a bag or two short at the airport, I can swing by the local WalMart b4 I get on the ship.

Even if everything went smooth, I would have a knot in my stomach till the bags arrived.

Here's the info on the BAGS program:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=BAGS

Don't let hauling luggage make your last day in port a total drag. Take it easy while our BAGS program checks your luggage to your final destination. Wave as you sail past long airport lines - you're checked in for your flight, too.

We deliver your boarding pass to your stateroom the last night of your cruise. Just put our luggage tag on your bag before bed, place it in the hallway, and that's it. And for fifteen bucks per person, isn't it worth avoiding the hassle? We know it's hard to say good bye on debarkation day, so spend it having fun.

Participating Airlines

Air Tran, American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Horizon Airlines, Jet Blue, Northwest, United Airlines, U.S. Airways or Ted Airlines.

Passenger Eligibility

Must be traveling on a flight within the United States, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Flights must depart the same day as debarkation.

Valid Photo ID is required (Passport or Driver's License).

Please note: This service is provided by the participating air carrier. Occasionally, difficulties in processing a guest's airline records may prevent us from printing boarding passes and luggage tags on board. Should this happen, it may be necessary for guests to check in at the airport. Depending on the port of debarkation, guests may be required to clear their luggage with U.S. Customs before BAGS can check them in with the airline. Participating air lines differ by port. Please visit the ship's front desk for more information.

By participating in this program, you agree to pay the applicable service per person fee that will be charged to your onboard account. You further agree and stipulate that the aggregate value of all the baggage noted herein does not exceed U.S. $100.00 and any liability of NCL for any cause whatsoever with respect to said baggage shall not exceed such sum and shall be subject to the applicable limitations set forth in the Guest Ticket Contract. This fee includes up to two (2) pieces of checked luggage per person. Our limited liability for loss or damage bags is $100.00 per guest. You understand that NCL cannot act on behalf of the airline, therefore special arrangements such as seating assignments, meals, and other assistance must be directed to the airline.

Here's the info on the BAGS program:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=BAGS

Don't let hauling luggage make your last day in port a total drag. Take it easy while our BAGS program checks your luggage to your final destination. Wave as you sail past long airport lines - you're checked in for your flight, too.

We deliver your boarding pass to your stateroom the last night of your cruise. Just put our luggage tag on your bag before bed, place it in the hallway, and that's it. And for fifteen bucks per person, isn't it worth avoiding the hassle? We know it's hard to say good bye on debarkation day, so spend it having fun.

Participating Airlines

Air Tran, American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Horizon Airlines, Jet Blue, Northwest, United Airlines, U.S. Airways or Ted Airlines.

I'm not doubting this is what it says online. However, having just gotten off the Sun in Miami two days ago, I assure you that only 3 airlines were mentioned in the BAGS program paper left in our stateroom...unfortunately I didn't keep the paper since I was flying USair and that was NOT mentioned as one of the airlines offered 2 days ago. I do not remember exactly which were offered at that time.

Hi Maria,

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were misstating information. I just thought I would post the info about the program that I saw online. I apologize if I made it look like I was trying to say you were wrong. Obviously, your first hand experience is more helpful than my link-posting. Sorry for the misunderstanding! :o

Hi Maria,

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were misstating information. I just thought I would post the info about the program that I saw online. I apologize if I made it look like I was trying to say you were wrong. Obviously, your first hand experience is more helpful than my link-posting. Sorry for the misunderstanding! :o

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't think you meant that at all! :o I know sometimes what the NCL website says and what actually takes place onboard may be different. :rolleyes: Perhaps at other ports or other sailings, more airlines participate in the program? I would consider it a happy bonus if I found it available on a sailing but perhaps just not count on it 100%. :)

Archived