Not sure it was the best idea

CanadianEh!

so we are 13 days from our first cruise and yesterday i was flipping through the TV channels and came across the new version of Poseiden so i watched it. Of course i started watching it right as the captain tried to turn into the wave, probably not the best thing to watch right before your first cruise :)

Yes i know that doesn't happen but it just thought it was funny to watch it right before your cruise.

We saw Titanic right before one of our cruises. Our ship actually hit a corral reef off of St Maartin. We had to abandon ship in the middle of the night! It was really kind of cool as we ferried off the ship and were taken to a Radison Resort to wait for a plane home. RCL refunded our cruise cost and on board charges, gave us a free cruise and reimbursed us for any expenses we incurred. So, no. You watching Poseidon is not strange!!

I leave on the Spirit Wednesday... my daughter turned The Titanic on last night! I never really liked that movie much anyway. :o

Last August right before our cruise on the Pride I watched the TV Movie version of Poseidon - OH what a crappy movie!!!:p I wasn't sure it was a great idea before our first cruise... but everything turned out just fine!

so we are 13 days from our first cruise and yesterday i was flipping through the TV channels and came across the new version of Poseiden so i watched it. Of course i started watching it right as the captain tried to turn into the wave, probably not the best thing to watch right before your first cruise :)

Yes i know that doesn't happen but it just thought it was funny to watch it right before your cruise.

I watched that show too, right before my first cruise, and the REALLY scary thing is I blame that movie, in part, for me WAY overpacking!:D It was me and my mom, 5 nighter on the Ecstasy, and between us we had 3 LARGE suitcases! After watching that movie, i brought 2 flashlights and i even brought one of those "sticks" that when you snap them they light up!:eek: :D

We had the same thing happen last year before cruising on the Grand Princess, we flew in the night before to Galveston. After dinner our entire group was sitting flipping through the channels and ended up on Poseidon Adventure. It was kind of creepy, especially for our friends who had never cruised before.:eek:

A couple of years ago on the Glory, they had the guest talent show called, "Glory Idol." One gal sang the theme song to the movie Titanic, "My Heart Must Go On!" Without her knowing, crew members came onto the stage behind her with their lifevests on! The audience was dying!

A couple of years ago on the Glory, they had the guest talent show called, "Glory Idol." One gal sang the theme song to the movie Titanic, "My Heart Must Go On!" Without her knowing, crew members came onto the stage behind her with their lifevests on! The audience was dying!

OMG! How funny!:D :D

That is hilarious! They must get that song pretty often though! I would just laugh my head off!

I was out at sea on a submarine and they showed us the movie "Gray Lady Down".:eek: (A submarine disaster movie).

In 1999 the Sun Vista (formerly the SS Gallileo Gallilei) sank in the Straits of Malacca. The passengers and crew took to the lifeboats, several Australians in the lifeboats thought it would keep people's spirits up if they sang "My Heart Must Go On". Amusing to Australians, everybody else, not so much.

i will add to mine.

Last Jan (07) we booked an all inclusive in the Dominican Via air transat

The night before we left i was watching MAYDAY on discovery channel The show is about airline disasters. Well the one that happened to be on was the Air transat flight running out of fuel and gliding in for a safe landing in the azores.

Needless to say my wife was not happy about seeing that right before we flew so yesterday i told her she can't watch Poseidon's

By the way the new version with kurt russell was actually fairly good i thought. Minus the whole Armageddon's Bruce wills ending but other then that it was good. Glad everyone had fun on the thread.

i just need to find a way to pass the next 13 days till we go :)

i just need to find a way to pass the next 13 days till we go :)

Well, this is the place to do it!:D Have you ever played some of the "games" in the Floataway Lounge? I play them for a while, then quit for a while, but I always go back!:D For me personally, the last week or 2 before the cruise really crawls by! I say that NOW, when I have to wait until October for next cruise!:D

Well, it could happen, it's just tremendously unlikely. But, thats why you shouldn't watch that movie!

OMG!

We were booking our first cruise back in 2k.

We were sitting in the TA's office discussing Carnival Victory and the radio was on. Guess what song was playing?

The theme from Titanic!

But you know what? It only took one cruise to get me hooked.

Number 6 is coming up.

Archived