Just had to share my upsell fairy story

pizzalady1

I sail next Monday on the POH and have had a rear facing aft BA since last March. The upsell fairy has called my TA twice: once to upsell to a garden villa for a price of $900 per person and then to upsell to a penthouse, non aft facing suite for $433 per person. I turned down both. Then I noticed that the AE suite 9170, which is a rear facing aft, has been in the inventory for a while. I asked my TA to call Ms. Fairy and see if they will take an offer of $150 per person. I read on this board that someone else made an offer and it was accepted so I thought I would try. The worst they would do would be to laugh at my TA. (Thanks CC!) NCL came back with a counter offer of $313.14 TOTAL!!!! Needless to say I grabbed it. I thought that was a great deal. :D :D :D :D :D

Now I have to research all the amenities available. Does anyone have that website that has the virtual room views and the website where you put in the cabin number and get what is in the room? I can't find it

Guest Anorak33

I must admit we would have snapped up the Gardenvilla, we recently had an aft AE and found there was too much propellor noise for us to have the patio door open, its a lovely room and we enjoyed it but we had a lot of seadays at pretty much full steam ahead 24 hours a day, if you are in port more days or only under way at night it will be superb.

congrats on your great deal!!! I too made an offer, thanks to this board, (thanks KYcat!), and got upgraded from a BB to an AD for $150 pp. I've never even been in a balcony cabin before, so I'm going to be totally spoiled! I'm really looking forward to this trip, and I'm sure you are too. Enjoy!! (sorry I can't answer your question though)

Great deal - Have a super trip. The one link I can think of for 360 views is the cruise deck plans dot com (of course, you have to squish it all together) But most ships are on there. There is another one that is even better but I can't find the link. As for the amenities - your TA should have a listing - or NCL reservations can email a copy to you. Did you try the NCL site - once your reservation has changed you should be able to access the "perks" page.

Try searching the thread here for the room number - may come up with some pictures etc..

Have fun

LOL. Cute! I just let my cruise TA know that I would love an upsell if it was possible. I watched the suites that were still left on my cruise and reminded her again. I was offered an upsell on a penthouse house suite and said "YES Holy heck YES!"

mary

I presume there are a limited number of people at NCL who are responsible for this sort of thing. It sounds like my travel agent will know who they are, but I would really appreciate anybody divulging the people whom they have worked with.

Also, how far in advance do upsell offers start becoming available? Is this like 3mo out or 3 weeks out?

Try cruisestateroom.com - a free site. Or try cruisestateroom.com - it's not a free site but the membership is just a couple of bucks - and you'll see actual photos of the stateroom categories.

"AE: Queen-sized bed; floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open up to a private balcony; a living and dining area; and a private bathroom with a luxury bath and shower. Each suite also includes a CD/DVD player, bar counter, refrigerator, minisafe, television, direct-dial telephone, and a hairdryer. Butler service and concierge available. Approximately 275- to 286-sq.-ft. suite with 58- to 65-sq.-ft. balcony."

You may have to search under "Norwegian Jade".

Have fun - I'm jealous!!! ;)

I don't think the upsell dept accepts calls anymore - once the word got out a year or two ago (on this and other cruise forums) about upsells, they were inundated with calls.

Last year they moved to a "don't call us, we'll call you" policy. Your TA may/may not be able to advise the dept that you would be "open" to an upsell.

My upsell offers started on Jan 2 with a sail date of 1/14. My TA made my offer on 1/4 and we heard back today, 1/7.

Thank you all for the website information. Now I just have to go back and search this board for suites, butler and concierge so I know what I am doing.

I was also visited by the upsell fairy today.

We are sailing on Jan.18 on the Jewel. We were in a mini-suite and offered a penthouse with the children's bedroom (yippee) for $1300 extra. We said yes, but by the time my TA called NCL back it was gone. They offered us a courtyard villa with children's bedroom for the same price and we said "yes, yes, yes".

I can't believe I got so lucky, that kind of thing never happens to me.

I was also visited by the upsell fairy today.

We are sailing on Jan.18 on the Jewel. We were in a mini-suite and offered a penthouse with the children's bedroom (yippee) for $1300 extra. We said yes, but by the time my TA called NCL back it was gone. They offered us a courtyard villa with children's bedroom for the same price and we said "yes, yes, yes".

I can't believe I got so lucky, that kind of thing never happens to me.

that's awesome!!! You can thank your TA for some good timing!!!

It must me upgrade fairy day. My ta called today also with an offer to upgrade from a mini to a penthouse, 9170 for $100, I jumped on it as well.

This is our 1st cruise so we are already excited in fact this was our 2nd call, we got one 2weeks ago for an upgrade from the balcony I had originally booked to the mini for $160 and I thought that was great. Today was even better

It must me upgrade fairy day. My ta called today also with an offer to upgrade from a mini to a penthouse, 9170 for $100, I jumped on it as well.

This is our 1st cruise so we are already excited in fact this was our 2nd call, we got one 2weeks ago for an upgrade from the balcony I had originally booked to the mini for $160 and I thought that was great. Today was even better

just curious, is that per person or total?

Guest Anorak33

These upsells (which I've never had) are not always a good thing.

On a cruise a while ago we were going to cruise with a few friends, been looking forward to it for quite a while and then they got an upsell to a Courtyard Villa.

We hardly saw them on the cruise, we were not allowed up there of course, our key cards won't work in the elevators to go up to deck 14, it ruined a friendship which had built up over a year or two. I guess it wasn't much of a friendship at all really.

I find that Courtyard people only want to mix with other Courtyard people, not with us hoi polloi.

NCL have certainly created a several class ship, its as class conscious as the Cunard ships are, but they try to cover it up from the steerage passengers.

It sounds to me that you were right in saying that it wasn't much of a friendship to begin with. It seems ridiculous to me that something like that would affect a friendship. Why not just call their cabin when you wanted to visit and have them meet you with the key??

Just because you feel your friends became "courtyard snobs" doesn't mean that everyone that stays there is that way. I for one, love to talk to all different types of people. I would never treat someone different just because of what cabin type they are staying in....again.....ridiculous!!

Suzysunshine, silver_cloud, pizzalady1, randrea, or tiggerfan616,

I'm looking for a TA. One who is as "with it". To reach you quickly enough to snatch up those upsells--WOW! That's a great TA! If you can share your TA's info with me, I'd really appreciate it! Please email me at: j . stender @ mchsi . com

(Take out the spaces for the correct email. )

These upsells (which I've never had) are not always a good thing.

On a cruise a while ago we were going to cruise with a few friends, been looking forward to it for quite a while and then they got an upsell to a Courtyard Villa.

We hardly saw them on the cruise, we were not allowed up there of course, our key cards won't work in the elevators to go up to deck 14, it ruined a friendship which had built up over a year or two. I guess it wasn't much of a friendship at all really.

Ouch sorry to hear that. I can imagine what you mean but if them getting a nicer cabin destroyed your friendship then who needs them or who knows if that didn't happen and something actually important came up later on when you needed them and they weren't there for you then you would of learned this in a harder way.

Archived