Mediterranea Caribbean Daily Schedules

abitaturbodog

Reading the Today, it looks like the life boat drill is on the second day (first full day) instead of before sailing? Or is this a second drill?

Thanks!

Ours (Christmas week) was just prior to sail away on embarkation day.

Dinner on the first day:

APPETIZERS

Cocktail shrimp and octopus carpaccio dressed with lemon creamy dressing

Pizza with sausage and mushroom

Papaya cup sprinkled with Cassis liquor

SOUPS

Cream of broccoli w/herbed croutons

Beef consumme w/celery, carrots and rice

Chilled cream of canteloupe soup w/honey

SALADS

Romaine and radicchio lettuce tossed w/bell peppers

Baby spinach salad served w/roasted turkey strips, toasted pinenuts, goat cheese and croutons

ITALIAN TRADITION

Fettuccine pasta tossed in a porcini mushroom sauce

Penne all' Arrabbiata, pasta w/garlic, tomato sauce and chili flakes

ENTREES

Grilled mahi-mahi filet served w/light creole sauce, green asparagus tips, vichy carrots and rice

Pork medallion "Sorrentina" Style, seared and toped w/fresh tomato and mozzarella cheese, served w/mashed potatoes, buttered snow peas and vichy carrots

Slowly roasted dry aged prime rib of Black Angus beef, served at your preference with its natural juice, snow peas, broiled roma tomatoes and Idaho baked potato

Chicken cacciatora, stewed in a rich tomato, mushroom and vegetables julienne sauce, served w/taglioline pasta, vichy carrots and sauteed mushroom sauce

Vegetable Lasagne, traditional pasta garnished w/a layer of ricotta cheese, tomato and fresh mozzarella

Baby Spinach salad, served w/roasted turkey strips, toasted pine nuts, goat cheese and croutons.

DESSERT

Torta Cassata alla Siciliana, ricotta cheese, chocolate and candied fruit cake w/pistachio marzipan

Chocolate souffle w/orange sauce

No sugar added baked banana crumble

Coppa di gelato tropicale, coconut sherbet and fresh fruit cocktail

Gelato del giorno, ice cream of the day, vanilla, chocolate, butter pecan

Sorbetto del giorno, sorbet of the day, pineapple, lime, orange

Cheese, an assortment of Cacciota, Edam, Toma Prienei

Fruit, fresh seasonal fruit basket, cantaloupe, pineapple, watermelon

ALWAYS AVAILABLE

Caesar Salad

Spaghetti w/fresh tomato sauce and basil -- with or without meatballs

Fillet of salmon prepared as you like it, poached, broiled or grilled

Skinless chicken breast, poached, broiled or grilled

Baked potato w/choice of butter, sour cream, bacon

French fried potatoes and fresh steamed vegetables are available at your request

Chocolate Delight "Costa," a chocolate ganache over rice flakes in white chocolate

New York Cheesecake served w/strawberry sauce

I see that there are time change notices in several of the Today newspapers. Does Costa change the ship's time to match the local time? Does that mean that the itinerary 8am - 5PM is really the local 8am - 5PM?

On Carnival (and Disney) we always stayed on "ship's time" which equaled the home FL Port time (EST for us). When we got to the excursion ports, the local time was behind ship's time (Atlantic or other) which made a watch imperative so we could be back at the ship on time. I remember doing a similar time change on some of our earlier cruises (1980s), but not recently.

Am I interpreting the Today time notices correctly? We're booking excursions outside of Costa, so I want to give the tour companies the correct arrival and departure information.

Thanks!

I see that there are time change notices in several of the Today newspapers. Does Costa change the ship's time to match the local time? Does that mean that the itinerary 8am - 5PM is really the local 8am - 5PM?

On Carnival (and Disney) we always stayed on "ship's time" which equaled the home FL Port time (EST for us). When we got to the excursion ports, the local time was behind ship's time (Atlantic or other) which made a watch imperative so we could be back at the ship on time. I remember doing a similar time change on some of our earlier cruises (1980s), but not recently.

Am I interpreting the Today time notices correctly? We're booking excursions outside of Costa, so I want to give the tour companies the correct arrival and departure information.

Thanks!

Good eye! :) Yes, we did change time when we went to Cozumel. I meant to write this detail in my review, but forgot! At midnight before we docked in Cozumel, we all had to set our clocks one hour forward. Then had to change them one hour back at midnight upon leaving Coz.

On all of the cruises I've been on, we've just kept our watches on ships time, but on the Med. we had to change our watches. It wasn't a big deal, but I would think that if you had non-ship excursions, you'd want to make sure that you meeting at the right time.

Good eye! :) Yes, we did change time when we went to Cozumel. I meant to write this detail in my review, but forgot! At midnight before we docked in Cozumel, we all had to set our clocks one hour forward. Then had to change them one hour back at midnight upon leaving Coz.

On all of the cruises I've been on, we've just kept our watches on ships time, but on the Med. we had to change our watches. It wasn't a big deal, but I would think that if you had non-ship excursions, you'd want to make sure that you meeting at the right time.

Thank you again! That's a great piece of information to have. I was afraid we'd be pushing it for the 6PM excursion we want to do in Puerto Rico if we docked at 5PM EST. If we're actually docking at 5PM PR time, we'll be fine! Yeah!

Archived