Is it IMPROPER…..

sea_u_onboard

….to place your Room Service tray outside your cabin door? We’ve done this at hotels and at sea – but thinking about it now I’m not sure if some people would find it offensive. We do cover the tray with a napkin so that you don’t see the half eaten food. There just isn’t much room in the cabin and the trays seem to “disappear” quickly when placed outside the door..

What do you think?

With as much as people complain about the cleanliness of the ship and then about certain "children" running up and down the hallways late at night, I wouldn't think this would be a good idea.

With as much as people complain about the cleanliness of the ship and then about certain "children" running up and down the hallways late at night, I wouldn't think this would be a good idea.

Or those little buggers could be out their having a pork chop bone fight with my leftovers! :o

I can see it now. Someone who has imbibed a weeee too much is weaving down the hallway. The seas are up and that makes it a bit worse. All these trays look like an obstacle course! One hit and everything on the tray goes flying and gets stepped on until someone cleans it up. Ewwwww! Of course the poor sod is totally oblivious and goes happily on his merry way. :D

Wow.

I've cruised 3 times and have never ordered room service...I personally prefer not to eat in the room...not that I'd never do it, I just haven't done it yet.

I will say that when walking throughthe halls, it is gross to see trays laying outside the doors, and I can imagine if in rough seas, it would be REALLY gross. I'd most likely leave the tray in my cabin, hoping that the cabin steward would be in soon and remove it.

yes, we put them out there. Others did too.

Main thing I did was when I needed more ice, I put the ice bucket out there. Once I had to crawl and drag the ice bucket from sea-sickness.

Empty ice bucket in the hall awaiting a refill.....someone 1 beer shy of a 12 pack and really needing to pee. No thanks. I'll get my own ice.

Left it in the room the first morning and found it still there when we returned. As ked the room steward about it, and he said he wasn't dure if we were finished. Left it in the hall from that point on. I don't think that the halls were all that narrow that someone would have a problem with it.

If rowdy drunks and trays in the halls don't mix, we would've been in trouble on our last cruise. We were beside a quad of drunken college guys, and every cabin surrounding theirs complained. RCCL fielded complaints all week from a long list of passengers. They would body slam each other into the walls so hard our whole cabin shook. Oh, and did I mention it was at 4 a.m.? RCCL offered to let us move to another cabin, but we thought the guys had calmed down. Anyway, I digress. The point being that these 4 drunks had no problem negotiating the veritable gauntlet of trays that had accumulated each evening. This seems to me to be a minor issue, although I could see it causing an accident if someone weren't paying attention. Guess the best answer was the one who suggested we just ask our room stewards when we get there.

They are trays, not field track hurdles. If it's after 9:30pm, place your tray in the hall the following morning or leave it in your room and use your packed post it notes and paste it on your tray saying "please take". Or call up room service and tell them you're leaving it in the hall . It's called "options".

If the drunks fall on the tray, entirely their fault, that's the consequence of being drunk and clumsy. We leave suitcases in the hallways which are MUCH larger than the tray. So it's no big deal.

Archived