just thought I would share

roadrunner454

My daughter has told me a great tip about stains on kids clothes.If you get even spagetti sauce on a white shirt just wash it then when you get it out set it outside in the sun.The sun actually bleaches it out.And the stain goes away.She says it works on all types of stains.

Anyone else have any helpful ideas please share.

• 1 month later...

Another good thing to get stains out like pizza sauce is Colgate Toothpaste.

It works like a charm and I keep a tube of it by my washing machine.

I can't take credit for the tip, it was shared to me by my MIL.

Hope more people mention tips like these.

Anybody have any secrets on getting oil out of clothes - I heard peanut butter works good, but I have had no luck with that.

Another good thing to get stains out like pizza sauce is Colgate Toothpaste.

It works like a charm and I keep a tube of it by my washing machine.

I can't take credit for the tip, it was shared to me by my MIL.

Hope more people mention tips like these.

Anybody have any secrets on getting oil out of clothes - I heard peanut butter works good, but I have had no luck with that.

i put baby powder on any oily stain & let it set. the oil saturates the powder & is lifted off the clothes. i brush off the powder; then, i wash like normal. works every time!:)

I put a 1/4c or so in a bucket of hot sink water & toss the item of clothing in for a few hours. If the clothing can only be washed in cold I wait until the water cools & then throw it in. :D

I have been doing it for years not thinking it was a "tip" until last winter when my aunt gave my 15mo old a bowl of black raspberry ice cream in an eyelet outfit with no bib! I threw it in her sink & 30 minutes later she gasped over the sink & yelled at me because there was no evidence of the stain :confused:& i had kept my cure all a secret from her.

;) So short story long. I use it & tell everyone who asks or looks like they should!

I learned that trick Cascade trick but slightly differently. I put hot water in a bucket with 1/2 cup Cascade, 1/2 cup bleach and 1/2 cup regular detergent. I let is sit for a few hours. Then when the water has cooled I pour the whole thing into the washer and run it through a regular cycle. You can only use this trick on whites but it turns them so crisply white again that everything looks new. Since I use the bleach I don't take chances with things that have embroidery or decorations. However, it works great on white t-shirts that have designs on them.

Archived