Blackbeard's Cay

justacruisin

Theres' 20-30 feet of good soft sand before you hit sea grass... in very soft sand..

Great for beaching... not great to snorkel. The back side of the island is leased by SANDALS resort. Snorkeling is better, but it's private. You might be able to "wander" over that way.

Thanks Scubagirl! We will be in Nassau from 11a.m-3a.m. We are looking for a good beach day. We considered the YellowBird party boat but read that it has a sliver of a beach. We even considered an excursion to an outisland with SeaIsland Adventures but are not to sure about the safety issue. I have been trying to find pictures of Pearl Island where the party boat goes and can't find any.

[url="http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Photo2000.html"]http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Photo2000.html[/url]

Check out the post above.. The upper and lower photos are Rose Island.

Its sandy, primitive and serene. They have facilities with plumbing, a small bar/gift shop. It's about a 30 minute relaxing cruise to the island.

Scuba,
i am taking the jubilee to bahamas in aug. I am a diver, but rest of family is not. i have been looking for a nice snorkle excursion getaway that wont be crowded. How do i get to Rose island? Is this something i can book through the boat, or do i need to get in contact with a local???? if so who and where??? thanks in advance for the info. B

[quote name='FondofKoi']Scuba,
i am taking the jubilee to bahamas in aug. I am a diver, but rest of family is not. i have been looking for a nice snorkle excursion getaway that wont be crowded. How do i get to Rose island? Is this something i can book through the boat, or do i need to get in contact with a local???? if so who and where??? thanks in advance for the info. B[/QUOTE]

Barefoot Cruises ([url]http://www.barefootsailingcruises.com/[/url]) might be a good bet for you if you have the time. They are a small outfit, very low keyed, and they take you out to the reef at Rose Island. Since Rose Island is a private island, you will need to go with a tour. It's about 30 minutes from the east end of Paradise Island.
I don't think the cruiselines have a trip to Rose Island, it's usually an all day thing.

Archived