Short review of Enchantment NYE !

Returned from a fabulous New Year's spent on the Enchantment! A couple single gals on the high seas :) Wasn't sure what to expect...alot of families and couples for sure, but we met some great people throughout and our tablemates were so fun. Now some highs and lows...I'll start with the lows: 1. Took over almost an 1 1/2 hours to get to the ship, something to do with mismanaging the buses? All was well once we arrived though. 2. The saving the chairs thing. This was full cruise and chairs (everywhere) were at a premium, I would go up early but once the decks starting filling I kindly gave up the chair I was holding for my friend if she wasn't there yet, but I watched as 2 girls put 4 pieces of fruit and 4 boxes of cereal (yes food from the Windjammer) on 8 chairs and then go work out...where was deck patrol then? Deck patrol did what they could but at times it was ridiculous. 3. This is just my opinion, but do some people think a cruise ship is where you go to drop your manners and common sense overboard...some people I tell ya, but that is everywhere I suppose but because you can't actually get away from them it just seems more prevalent..again just my opinion. 4. We never got luggage tags or our sea pass account, but that actually worked out as we just got the travel lite vouchers and got off the ship in the first wave and well who really wants to see the "damage" right before home, we just went to the desk and got a copy. Now the highs: 1.Food/service in the dining room was fantastic. 2. Food/service in Chops well worth the extra $$. 3. Inside cabin-not so bad..shower a little small, but our attendant was super nice everytime we saw him. 4. Bartenders-fantastic! 5. Entertainment-what shows we went to were good, but we "subjected" ourselves to the Karaoke contest throughout the cruise-entertaining to say the least, especially after a few :) 6. Ports-Grand Cayman & Jamaica-we managed to make to both but with shorter times, not a big deal considering recently ports have been skipped alltogether. 7.NYE-the balloon drop was fun and right out of a movie. 8. Rough seas the last nite-I put this under the "highs" because I do not get seasick and well that last nite I almost rolled out of my bed and I was rockin' for two days after I got off-but it was fun to me :) Anyway that's about what I can remember for now...questions? Feel free! Overall I would cruise again, I may like to check out a bigger ship, but Enchantment is definitley worthy of a 2nd cruise! Thanks for the help prior to the trip!

Boy, we were rocking that last night, weren't we?

Good review - I'd agree with everything you mentioned. Nice cruise, though there were a lot of first time cruisers on board (the C&A reception was very lightly attended, only 400 members on board). I'll hope that this was the reason that folks seemed to be a little more rude than my previous experience.

The deck chair issue was worse than I've ever seen. Numerous, numerous people saving empty chairs for hours. When I inquired, I was told I was rude. (No, if I was rude, I would have sat my butt down in your chair and flipped you the bird.....)

We had to use the deck patrol a couple times to get chairs... Oh well, a minor issue for a nice vacation and memorable NYE.

Enchantment is a fine ship, certainly in need of a little more upgrading, but public spaces are nice, and the centrum is pretty. It's not the Liberty, but I'd imagine on a slighly less crowded cruise, it would be a nice trip.

Boiler

(No, if I was rude, I would have sat my butt down in your chair and flipped you the bird.....)

Boiler

Hee, hee...that's what I'm planning on doing on our EOS cruise (1/17) if it's to big of a problem. :p The last time I looked, we had a full sailing for our cruise!:)

Vacationer17-

Okay....I sail in about 26 days or so on the Enchantment!! So the ship is still having electrical issues? what if anything did the crew say about getting it fixed? So far my itinerary has not been changed at all. What deck was your cabin on?

Archived