azamara verses Windstar + asstd other ?

upgrademe

Greetings and thanks in advance for any responses.:)

Having sailed small ships predominately Windstar, could anyone comment on whether there is a fair comparison between these 2 lines?

I've read the dress codes for dinner and do they really allow shorts in the dining room?:confused:

Are these new ships or refurbed from some other line?

I'm guessing that most of the passengers are from Celebrity's larger ships???

I've read many of the posts here and it sounds like most problems are new ship/line related. Anyone share the same opinion??

We're looking for a small(ish) ship that offers a bit more service and slightly more discerning clientele AND that does some interesting itineraries such as their 10/11/08 cruise that offers Turkey, Cyprus, and Egypt:)

Am I looking at the right line?????

Hi, upgrademe....

I haven't been on Windstar, but if you're looking for true quality smaller ships, with a more discerning clientele, other than Azamara, check out Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Oceania Cruises and Seabourn Cruises. You can get a good idea online, and some prices, too. Have some fun today. Jini

Ms. J.

Thank you. I will most certainly check out the other lines. We were considerig Azamar due to the itinerary we looked at as it contained more ports that we've not visited. Probably the only other itinerary that looks similar was on the Cunard Queen Victoria.

Thank you again:)

Ms. J.

Thank you. I will most certainly check out the other lines. We were considerig Azamar due to the itinerary we looked at as it contained more ports that we've not visited. Probably the only other itinerary that looks similar was on the Cunard Queen Victoria.

Thank you again:)

Having been on both ships you are asking about..you are really comparing apples to oranges..you may like them both but they are completely different!!

Jan

Having been on both ships you are asking about..you are really comparing apples to oranges..you may like them both but they are completely different!!

Jan

We have also been on both, and they are very different. However, we enjoyed them both for what they are and wouldn't have wanted to be on Windstar at Cape Horn. There are higher class small ships than Azamara but they also cost more.

Archived