Liberty Dining Rooms

Mrandone

Which dining room is better and why? We requested a late seating and were assigned 8:00...does anyone know which room this is in? Thanks!

Well I can't remember the name of the dining room but when we sailed last February on her we had the 8:00 dinner time and it was the dining room in the back of the ship. Enjoy!

According to cruisedeckplans, the Golden Olympian Restaurant is midship (744 seats) and the Silver Olympian Restaurant is aft (1122 seats).

We're going on the Liberty early February, so I'm interested on thoughts of the restaurants also.

I think they assign you to the dining room nearest the location of your cabin. Are you forward or aft? All the ships I've been on with two dining rooms worked that way. Each one has two or more sittings. There will be almost three thousand :eek: people to feed, you know. I'm sure you'll be happy where-ever you are. After all you'll be on a cruise! :D By the way, when are you departing? We'll be on her 1/03/08!

Luv's Crusin'

Silver Olympian (aft) has the 8:00 dining time. The aft dining room on this class of ships has windows on three sides, so you have a better chance of getting a view than in the Golden Olympian (midships) dining room that is smaller and has windows on only two sides. We had Silver for 5:45 dining. The assignment wasn't based on cabin location, since we were near the forward stairs and had actually requested 6:15 dining. There was a large group that requested 6:15, so a lot of people who also wanted 6:15 ended up with 5:45.

Which dining room is better and why? We requested a late seating and were assigned 8:00...does anyone know which room this is in? Thanks!

The Silver Olympian dining room had the 5:45 and 8:00 seating when we were on the Liberty a month ago. Just curious, how do you already know you have the 8:00 seating? We had requested early and my friend even called Carnival to request the 6:15 time because her father is diabetic but we still didn't know what time we were assigned until we got our S&S cards. We did get early but we got 5:45, not 6:15 like we had requested.

I think they assign you to the dining room nearest the location of your cabin. '

It didn't work that way for us. We were all forward and still were assigned to The Silver Olympian in the aft.

We had 8:00 seating. Silver Olympian is nice... I found it was more a function of whose section my table was in rather than which dining room. We were a rather large group with multiple tables. My first table had a waiter that was just so-so. I moved to a different table later and that waiter was much more personable and attentive. We were upstairs near the back of the restaurant btw.

My BF and I just got off the Liberty in December and we had the Silver dining room. We loved it!! During breakfast and lunch, this is the dining room that is available for open seating. We always asked to sit near a window and the ones at the very aft are really cool because the windows slant so you feel as if you are sitting right over the water. For dinner we had Reynoldo and Miro for our head waiter and asst. waiter. They were awesome!!! Both are set to have their contracts end in the next two months but if you are lucky enough to have them, they'll keep you entertained and will treat you very well!

We actually had requested the 6:15 seating (when we had no idea what we were doing!) and when we embarked we were assigned the 5:45. We decided to ask if we could change to a later sitting and were given a table for two at the 8:00 seating for the whole cruise. This was really nice. We socialized for breakfast and lunch and then had dinner to ourselves. Since this was our very first vacation together, it was really nice to have the opportunity to spend dinner alone. The Maitre'd is very accommodating if you want to change. You just ask and they will be able to give you whatever seating you want/need.

Have fun!!

I think they assign you to the dining room nearest the location of your cabin. Are you forward or aft? All the ships I've been on with two dining rooms worked that way. Each one has two or more sittings. There will be almost three thousand :eek: people to feed' date=' you know. I'm sure you'll be happy where-ever you are. After all you'll be on a cruise! :D By the way, when are you departing? We'll be on her 1/03/08!

Luv's Crusin'[/quote']

I don't think it has anything to do with where your cabin is located. We were on deck 10 this past spring and had to take two elevators to get to the our dining room (at the back of the ship). Found it very inconvenient and much wasted time. Because of the size of the Miracle, we don't really care for the ship. We are sailing shortly on the Spirit which is a smaller and better laidout ship.

Archived