Enchantment of the Seas October 30th 2004

Our group is DH, myself, #1 son, DD, #2 son, MIL (a wonderful lady!), my brother and his wife, and my two sisters and their husbands.

This is our anniversaries cruise--30th for DH and me, 40th for my brother and his wife and for my sister and her husband (next year), and 50th for my other sister and her husband.

This was to be a first cruise for all of us, but my sister and her husband were given an Alaskan cruise back in July so they are already hooked on cruising--want to know if we want to do Hawaii next summer.

I just hope Ivan hasn't done too much damage to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman.

Do you have shore excursions booked? We're booked for a full day in both ports--sure hope we don't miss Grand Cayman (I can't wait to do the Stingray City tour).

I'd love to hear more about you.

Hey Chicago Mom,

I am 36 and DH is 40..we are from St. Lucia in the Caribbean. We have been married for almost 4 years no kids. This will be our first real vacation! Very excited. Your family sounds wonderful! Boy are you going to have a lot of fun.

I have not booked any shore excursions yet..I don't know if I will in Jamaica since we work at Sandals here, we may just go to Sandals in Jamaica. My husband went to University in Jamaica so he's very excited about going "home"..lol. I have been to Jamaica before but to Montego Bay..

In the Cayman's I plan to book the Stingray tour..It seems to be much cheaper online..sent an email no answer yet but of course with Ivan I am not surprised. I will try to get some word from Sandals today about the state of Ocho Rios as well as Cayman..I,ll let you know.

What deck will you be staying on?

Denyse.

So happy to meet you! I really am!

Can't wait to meet you!

Why don't you e-mail me direct at RuthMadz@yahoo.com and we'll stay in touch until the cruise. I'll fill you in on our shore excursions and see if you want to join us--we had another couple going, but they had to cancel due to health concerns. Our reservations seem flexible as I've changed them a couple of times already.

I'm very anxious to hear how the islands faired, so let me know when you have any information.

Ruth

Hi,

I am so glad to see that someone other than my honey and I will also be going on this cruise. :) I was starting to get worried that it was going to be cancelled. Earlier on, the RCI website said that it was fully booked. But now, there are rooms availible in all catagories.

I am so excited! :D This will be our first cruise. I live in Bermuda, and I pass cruise ships almost everyday on my way to work. Hopefully we will be able to stop at the scheduled destinations.

Have you received your cruise documents yet?

Bermycruiser

Hi..Hopefully Cayman will be all cleaned up..it was awful there...frightful actually but the worst was still in Grenada..just awful!

Anyway glad to see that our numbers are slowly growing for EOS Oct 30th..like Bermie this is ,y first cruise. Chicago mom I,m on deck 8. Perhaps we can have our own little meet and mingle. Thanks for your email Chicagomom..we will of course keep in touch. Are you flying in that day or are your spending some time in Lauderdale? I will actually be in South Beach for about 5 days then driving up to FLL.

Denyse.

I,m so happy for you ChicagoMom..you got your docs!! Cool!!

I have not gotten mine, but then I won't until I get to Miami next month. I had them deliver to my Miami address.

I,m starting to get excited..39 days to go! Hey Bermy cruiser, want to get together for a drink when we get on board?

Denyse.

Hi Bermy,

The documents still show Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman as stops, but that is to be expected. If there is a change, we probably won't know it until we are on board.

I believe our itinerary sailing which left this past Saturday was going to Labadee instead of Grand Cayman--according to the RCI website. They didn't post that until after the ship had sailed (if I remember correctly).

Grand Cayman is looking pretty iffy, but we can still hope. It seems to be a matter of getting electricity and water in working order. I read that the tender dock was not damaged, so technically we could tender in now, but they are asking non essential people to leave to conserve resources until they get things up and running again.

Has anyone heard anything definitive on the Turtle Farm? I've heard both that it was destroyed and that it is OK.

We're not drinkers, but we'd like to get together at some point and meet both you and CaribbeanDiva. If we end up in Labadee we should have plenty of time (we're not beach people--burn way too fast!).

Ruth

Hey Chicago Mom,

I am 36 and DH is 40..we are from St. Lucia in the Caribbean. We have been married for almost 4 years no kids. This will be our first real vacation! Very excited. Your family sounds wonderful! Boy are you going to have a lot of fun.

I have not booked any shore excursions yet..I don't know if I will in Jamaica since we work at Sandals here, we may just go to Sandals in Jamaica. My husband went to University in Jamaica so he's very excited about going "home"..lol. I have been to Jamaica before but to Montego Bay..

In the Cayman's I plan to book the Stingray tour..It seems to be much cheaper online..sent an email no answer yet but of course with Ivan I am not surprised. I will try to get some word from Sandals today about the state of Ocho Rios as well as Cayman..I,ll let you know.

What deck will you be staying on?

Denyse.

So happy to meet you! I really am!

Just butting in here - I hear St. Lucia is BEAUTIFUL! My DH (Me 37 & Him 38) and I have a trip booked in May at Couples, Negril and it will be our first trip to Jamaica which I understand is a paradise! I wish I were on the same cruise w/ you guys so we could chat more but I will be debarking (is that right? LOL) from Enchantment on 10/30 :( I'll keep the ship nice for your :D Sounds like you guys will be having a blast!

I considered COR and CSA also - I understand that COR has the sunrises but CN has the sunsets and since I'm not much of an early riser, I opted for the sunsets. From what I've read from reviews, I'm afraid I'm never going to want to leave! I'll take care of Ms. Enchantment for ya! :D

Sure Caribbeandiva. That sounds like fun. What deck are you going to be on? We will be on deck 7. What tours, if any, are you planning to take while in Ocho Rios? We are thinking about doing the Bob Marley tour.

Since this is our first cruise, I am not really sure of the type of clothing that we should take. I think that in October that it might be cool while at sea. Do you have any ideas?

I have read a few of the posts and a number of people suggest taking extension cords, book lights, masking tape, etc.. What are you bringing along with you?

How are ya??!! I,m on deck 7 also! Was on Deck * but I changed it.

Caribbean weather is really not that much difference this time of year, but I imagine bringing a sweater would be a wise idea, especially for certain parts of the ship.

To be honest I have no idea what I,m going to pack, the recommendations on this board are so varied. I think that it would really be an individual choice since different people use different things on a daily basis.

No tours booked yet due to all the hurricane issues, since my hubby and I have both been to Jamaica before we may just go to Sandals since we work at one of them in St. Lucia. Will decide that later. Was looking at Stingray city for GC, but that looks doubtful..We will see next month.

Any docs yet?

Hope to meet you on board.I hope to visit your country soon! Heard it's lovely!

Denyse.:D

Archived