Carnival Air to Orlando

Baxter

We are considering a trip on the Glory, sailing out of Port Canaveral, complete with air through the cruise line (it is substantially cheaper than what we can get booking independently). Apparently we will have a forced overnight -- does anyone know what hotel they typicaly use?

When we did this a few years back, Carnival put us up at the Airport Raddisson. Not a bad hotel.

The next morning a Meyers transfer bus came by and picked us up around noon. Then the bus went to the airport to fill up with other arriving passengers and then continued on to the ship.

We are considering a trip on the Glory, sailing out of Port Canaveral, complete with air through the cruise line (it is substantially cheaper than what we can get booking independently). Apparently we will have a forced overnight -- does anyone know what hotel they typicaly use?

You know its funny that I just read your question because I will too be taking Glory out of Port Canaveral and was wondering what hotel carnival typically uses. Thanks for aking this question.

Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, was it because where you are flying from the reason you are forced an overnight? I actually was considering doing an pre cruise overnight stay but by choice.

I was told that it a situation where there is a weather-related risk, they may force an overnight. Apparently Manitoba is always a weather-related risk!

It is almost a $200pp savings (admittedly, we're not as flexible as we often are when we travel, but stil...)...plus the cost of the overnight hotel and transfers are included in Carnival's airfare rate.

That is amazing that the cruiseline air fare is cheaper then booking yourself. I have never run across that before. Usually it is much higher.

I book many many cruises, and quite often it is about the same (depending on airports of course) when you take the transfers into consideration or just a bit more. There will be times where there is a huge difference also.I will always quote the cruiseline air, plus air done independently and let the client make the call. The major difference is if you book your own, you can have more control over flight times and connections.

I live in Upstate NY and even though it should be an at-risk area, it is not. Therefore, I had to deviate, paying much more to fly into Port Canaveral a day early!

The person at Carnival said it was a $50 deviation fee if I wanted to pick my own flight or choose to fly in a day earlier (then was told that they automatically would fly us in early, no fee charged). Did you pay more than $50 to do it?

Archived