Junior Suite big enough??

pgoodman

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with two adults and two kids (9 and 6) in a junior suite? Wife and I are planning a trip, possibly on the Voyager of the Seas for December, western caribbean.

Does the sofa pull out to a bed? If so, can it sleep two kids comfortably?

Thanks

The JS is a well laid-out plan on most RCI ships. I believe the size and layout to be very similar on most ships. We are two adults -- and the suite was very comfortable. While "doable" and many posters state that "you are never in your cabin, anyway" -- I think it is too crowded with 4 bodies in it. Depends on your trip expectations -- what kind of vacation you are seeking.

For us, we enjoy relaxing in our cabin and on the balcony ... away from the crowds much of the time.

I know several people who have cruised with 4 people in an inside cabin and I know the JS is much bigger than that. The sofa bed is pretty small but I think your kids can manage. There are only 2 of us and we love the room, it will be tight but since they are your kids you will survive and have a great time. The balcony really helps also.

Our JS on Adventure was huge and even though there were only two of us, I could see it easily fitting four. The walk-in closet was large and there were many drawers and cubby areas in the wall unit across from the bed. The sitting area consisted of a couch (which I assume is a sofabed), a small glass table and two chairs. There was at least four feet of space between the end of the bed and the wall unit, which is plenty of room for moving about. Plenty of storage space in the bathroom too -- and the bathtub is a big plus.

We were in a Jr. Suite on AOS last week and it was quite comfortable for 3 adults. The sofa bed folds out quite interestingly to form a double bed. It should be fine for your 2 children. Enjoy.

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."

-Marcus Aurelius Antonius

The sofa bed is actually a convertabed. Quite comfy and I think you will have plenty of room with children of their ages. The balcony is a fabulous place to sit when others are getting ready. The bath is quite small for any amount of people, but managable (only one or two persons at a time).

The Grand Suite would give you a bit more room with a large bath and a privacy curtain. No such curtain in the JS.

The Grand Suite would give you a bit more room with a large bath and a privacy curtain. No such curtain in the JS.

We did have a partial privacy curtain that went half the length of the room on the Serenade. It seperated the beds and we were able to leave the lights on above the bed while reading and getting ready for bed and it did not disturbe the children. I guess it just depends on the ship.

Archived