Roll Call 05/18/08 Wind Surf Grand Prix

Kathie & Bill

Last year the ship charged $1,900.. US per person for a package that included a prince ranier auto museum tour, saturday race ticket, sunday race ticket, a jacket, cap and a "special" dinner onboard the ship. I've been waiting to see what they come up with this year but in checking some of the other ticket websites, a lot of the tickets are getting sold out. I am in the process of booking thru a local restaurant a 2 day package that includes a pretty nice lunch buffet both days, and seating 15 ft from the track about 200 yards from the start/finish line. I just wired a deposit to them. Drinks are not included but the owner said he charges "everyday ordianary prices" for his drinks, whatever that may be ???

• 3 months later...

No doc's yet, we are supposed to leave the 7th, doing a pre cruise train trip thru Italy. We may have to shorten the trip due to my Father in-law's

passing Sunday.

Did you find race tickets yet?

As the dollar falls my wallet shrinks...

We are flying into Paris the day before cruise & taking the High Speed Train to Nice.After cruise we are taking train to Bordeaux and doing the Chateau & Wine thing for 3 days then train back to Paris and 4 days in Paris to do some sight seeing.

Did get Race Tickets in grandstand T for Race Day.

Looking forward to meeting you on the yacht

To all GP fans...

Don't forget to bring earplugs!!

The F1 engines sound like no other......

Talked today to TA and docs are on the way.

She was away on a trip to France and took a tour to Nice and Monaco.

They are already putting up the bleachers for the race.

We were on this trip several years ago, and it was absolutely fabulous. But do plan to walk to the venues -- it's half the fun with happy crowds and the vendors along the way, far better than the shuttle offered by the ship. Also ear plugs may not be enough -- we brought our Bose headphones, and even they didn't muffle the noise adequately, but that's part of the fun, too. Have a great time!

Archived