Mens Attire

My fiance and I are trying to figure out what he should be wearing. We are getting married in Aruba on the beach.

In his mind he wants like a tan suit with a white shirt, perhaps linen underneath. Neither one of us know where to begin looking for these. Anyone have any thoughts?

I also would want to then have his BM where maybe a floral shirt the color of my girls dresses. They are wearing Lilac. Anyone have any ideas where I could find these...

OH AND what about shoes?

Thanks so much in advance!

Colleen

:o

My fiance and I are trying to figure out what he should be wearing. We are getting married in Aruba on the beach.

In his mind he wants like a tan suit with a white shirt, perhaps linen underneath. Neither one of us know where to begin looking for these. Anyone have any thoughts?

I also would want to then have his BM where maybe a floral shirt the color of my girls dresses. They are wearing Lilac. Anyone have any ideas where I could find these...

OH AND what about shoes?

Thanks so much in advance!

Colleen

:o

Why not a tan linen suit with a white silk shirt? It took me a while to figure out what a BM was! I suggest you try Tommy Bahama. I would go barefoot. Good luck, Aruba is a beautiful place.

We are getting married in Aruba too... as I think I wrote in another of your posts. My fiancé is going to wear a tan suit with a short sleeve white shirt underneath so he could remove his jacket after the ceremony if it is too hot ( I checked the temperature today and it is 30 degrees in Aruba!) . He decided to wear leather sandals but we will probably go barefoot for the ceremony. Here in Canada we bought the clothes this past summer at Tristan America but I don`t think it exists in the USA?

good luck!

My husband wore exactly what you girls are talking about. He wore a tan suit with a nice white linen shirt that actually had some embroidery on it. We bought the suit and shirt at Macy's, that's just a big department store and he wore sandals (not flip flops). I was wearing an off white short dress. I thought our colors would clash, but it blended just beautifully and we were both sweating our butts off regardless. Have a great day! Congrats.

Hey Colleen and Caroline! My fellow Aruba beach brides! :D :p My fiance just got this killer tan suit from Mens Warehouse and it looks AWESOME for a beach wedding! The salesman at the stores parents have a home in St. Maarten and he said that he often sells the suit for beach weddings. He's wearing dark brown leather flip flops with it and it looks great - and a long sleeved linen shirt underneath. The sales guy suggested the long sleeves because otherwise their arm sticks to the inside of the suit and it feels sweaty or something. I can't wait! I leave in two weeks and I'm freaking out over here - I just want to be on the ship already!!!!!:eek: :p

Colleen - have you tried 2go aruba again? I'm extremely pleased with them. If it takes a minute to get ahold of them it's because they are now dismantling all the christmas decorations from the island - their company does all of the set up for the Holidays so they don't talk to brides a ton between Thanksgiving and right now. I'm going through Edwina because Valerie had another wedding the same day and I LOVE Edwina - she also owns a company E2 celebrations that does like every event in Aruba so she's got alot of experience and is very professional. When it takes a bit for them to get back to you it's hard to NOT worry but hey it's the way they do it in the islands!! Good luck!

Laura

Hi Everyone -

Thanks for all the responses. I will try Macy's and The Men's Wearhouse...both good ideas. Oh, and the long sleeved linen is good to know!

Laura,

I will try 2goaruba again. I did finally hear from the original planner and we are back on track. Not too sure what happened, just with the holidays and she was sick with the flu for a few days. She is really great and knows what I want, so I am thinking of sticking with her.

Oh, funny...I think we talked about Karen before. I tried her again and after telling her how bridezilla I was about people not responding to me, she totally blew me off again!

Your date is coming up quick! Let us know how it goes. Congrats!!!!

Archived