5 in a room- Carnival Victory

baker87

We are shoving 5 people into a cabin. I heard at one point that they use rooms with 2 uppers and a rollaway bed. Does anyone know if this is correct or if they have other ways to cram us in? And how in the world do they fit a rollaway in those rooms?? It isn't going to change anything, but I sure am curious.

Also, we did the to be assigned route. Do we really have to wait until we check in to see what we ended up with?

We are shoving 5 people into a cabin. I heard at one point that they use rooms with 2 uppers and a rollaway bed. Does anyone know if this is correct or if they have other ways to cram us in? And how in the world do they fit a rollaway in those rooms?? It isn't going to change anything, but I sure am curious.

Also, we did the to be assigned route. Do we really have to wait until we check in to see what we ended up with?

depends on what kind of room you book

Inside room witll have two uppers- 2 lowerrs and a rollaway

oceanview and balconies could have the above-- OR you could get a convertible sleeper/an upper bed and a rollaway-

No matter what--your 5th person will have a rollaway.

We got rid of the rollaway and used a sleeping bag-- it takes too much room.

(an over the door shoe holder is a must for 5 of you-- what cabin are you taking?>

depending on when you booked--

register to use carnival web site.

On the top look for MY PROFILE

once in there click on ADD A BOOKING NUMBER- your cruise is now listed on the main page--clicking on cruise details can get you details.

Rare will you see an assignment 60 days out.

inside-- you will get two uppers and two lowers--along with the rollway-

you bottom beds will be seperated in order to have room for the rollaway.

did you price out the 2 inside cabins too?? we did 5 to an inside because it savd us over 700.00 but last cruise it only costs 200.00 total more to get the 2nd cabin.

when is your cruise?

We did this once on a family vacation when i was 17. Oh boy was it an adventure. There was my mom, dad, me, my 16 yr old sister and my 12 year old brother. Memories...

Anyways, we had an inside room and there were 2 bunkbed types and a roll away cot. Barely any room to move at all lol.

Yeah, we did all the pricing options. We saved by going with one room. Our kids are 14, 11, and 8. It will be tight, but we don't plan on being in the room much and we have dealt with worse situations!!

We are departing on Easter Sunday.

• 6 years later...
I just booked 5 on Victory for April 28 it'll have 2 beds, 2 uppers and 1 trundle bed meaning it's stored under one of the traditional beds and is pulled out each night.

Let me know how room works. We are booked on carnival breeze. Ocean view room with 5. We have a 2 year old with us so I guess she can sleep with us and the other 2 kids can take the uppers

Let me know how room works. We are booked on carnival breeze. Ocean view room with 5. We have a 2 year old with us so I guess she can sleep with us and the other 2 kids can take the uppers

the victory is a ship that allows rollaways. the family suites on the breeze do have enough beds to accomadate you all. the 2 year old should have a pack and play. (bring your own sheets since they are sensitive skin)

http://0.tqn.com/d/cruises/1/0/c/B/5/Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.JPG

Edited by serene56

FYI.

A trundle is a short pallet type bed. It is good for those under four feet tall.

In many of the OV and IS cabins you'll have more room if the lowers are apart. One under the window or far wall and the other under one of the bunks.

It has been 5 yrs. ago that I did this with my husband, 2 sons(24 & 19), and daughter(17). We had a inside room. My oldest was given a thing that looked like a rescue basket. The basket was shoved under our bed during the day. Other than 5 people trying to use one bathroom, things were fine. At least 3 times my daughter and I would take our supplies to the fitness center shower. Then went back to room to dress for dinner. Otherwise, some of showered in the morning or at night before bed.