What should we do after Reef & Rays excursion?

iowahuskerkid

We are booked for the Reef & Rays excursion from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. We are docked at Grand Turk until 2:30 p.m. So what should we do after our excursion to make the best of our time ther? We love to browse in shops, but also love beaches. I don't think we have much interest in the Lighthouse, although it sounds interesting.

We are booked for the Reef & Rays excursion from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. We are docked at Grand Turk until 2:30 p.m. So what should we do after our excursion to make the best of our time ther? We love to browse in shops, but also love beaches. I don't think we have much interest in the Lighthouse, although it sounds interesting.

Right at the end of the pier is Margaritaville. Grab a drink (don't worry, mon, ya on vacation) and they have a beautiful free beach in front with all these lounge chairs and blue shade covers. Just chill....That's what we did after our Reef and Ray Excursion was over....oh yeah, then we bought some great price duty free single malt scotch!!!!

The Rays are cool, freaky but cool. Definately feed them. It's an experince. Then they take you to some dead reef. If you can see the ship from where you are snorkling and it's close up (that is, if you snorkle SECOND), then don't even bother putting on your fins. The reef is dead and there aren't many fish. I would switch to the Gibbs Key Ray Encounter (same thing, but with beach time and no excursion to a dead reef!), if your ship has it.

Yes, I agree. Margaritaville would be my other stop in Grand Turk. They have a beach, great drinks and a shop or two. We had a great time there, we stayed there almost the entire time we were in Grand Turk. It is also at the pier, so you don't have to feel rushed. Have fun!

Archived