What are my chances booking last minute???

Wilwant247

Ok, We typically vacation on our income tax return. Well my DH and I decided that we would have to sacrifice our new tradition of a cruise a year this year, do to having to pay for braces and redoing our master bath. Then I was thinking maybe we could just keep our eye open and book a last minute cruise for cheap, since I am JONESING to cruise. So just for kicks I started looking around. BAD move, it has made it so much worse than just thinking of it...lol. So my question is... What are my chances of getting the cruise I want as a last minute special? Should I just bite the bullet and book it at regular price, or should I hang out for the last minute deal?? Of course I am looking at a June/July cruise and being peak season, Im just not sure they will ever post. Ive never really waited it out before, just booked. Any advice, or is it just luck of the draw?

Also what the heck are all the different room codes.....AI, B2, etc?? Is an IS, or an OV just a guareentee of that specific catagory?

AND can anyone give me any insight on how to use the search button? lol I can never seem to find any information when I try to use it, think Im doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any insight

I've never booked at the last minute, but I look at prices for last minute cruises and don't seem to find 'great deals' on line. I'll follow this thread to see if others have tips.

I'll book way in advance to get good reates, then look to see if they get lowered and get the adjustment. I book wit Carnival PVP and he takes care of me... In fact he called me today to tell me my docs have just been mailed...

You can get great last minute deals. The only problem is if you have to fly.....last minute flights are expensive. So it wouldn't be worth it IMO.

If you live near the port absolutely!!!

Thats encouraging, thanks! We actually live in Rockledge about 10 mins from Port Canaveral. Two hours east of Tampa, two hours south of Jaxsonville, three hous north of Miami, so traveling to a port is no biggie.....

If you have a Carnival PVP that you like & work with all the time, contact them. Tell them if there are any last minute deals to call you. Sometimes they need to fill the ship and you can get some GREAT deals. We told that to our PVP, because we live 20 minutes from Charleston, although they only go out of here twice a year, and we can be to Jax in under 4 hours and then Pt Canaveral in under 6 and Tampa under 8 hours. So.. one day I get a call - Can you sail out of New Orleans next week? If so, the cruise was going to be $39.00 per person PLUS taxes and port fees. So for about $180.00 per person we could have had a 5 day cruise from New Orleans. It didn't fit into our schedule, and we would have had to fly - which would have cost more, but.... if it would have been out of a closer port, I think my husband would have changed his work schedule around to fit this cruise into our schedule. So call your PVP and tell them to call if there are any last minute deals - it can't hurt.

I just remembered - my PVP got promoted and I have a new one, I have to tell him that I want to get calls for last minute deals. I may need another cruise. Just got back December 22 and yesterday booked for next December, but... I could use another one somewhere in between :)

Ok, We typically vacation on our income tax return. Well my DH and I decided that we would have to sacrifice our new tradition of a cruise a year this year, do to having to pay for braces and redoing our master bath. Then I was thinking maybe we could just keep our eye open and book a last minute cruise for cheap, since I am JONESING to cruise. So just for kicks I started looking around. BAD move, it has made it so much worse than just thinking of it...lol. So my question is... What are my chances of getting the cruise I want as a last minute special? Should I just bite the bullet and book it at regular price, or should I hang out for the last minute deal?? Of course I am looking at a June/July cruise and being peak season, Im just not sure they will ever post. Ive never really waited it out before, just booked. Any advice, or is it just luck of the draw?

Also what the heck are all the different room codes.....AI, B2, etc?? Is an IS, or an OV just a guareentee of that specific catagory?

AND can anyone give me any insight on how to use the search button? lol I can never seem to find any information when I try to use it, think Im doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any insight

Ok, I have to ask....what is jonesing????

Hi, I have never done a last minute cruise before so I really can't offer any advice on that. However, I book our cruises way in advance. I find you get much better deals as prices almost ALWAYS go up. Plus you get to pick the location of the room you want. (that is big) This also works great as it gives you time to save, and also find others to come along! :D

Being as you said you always go away with tax return money, I think booking in advance would be a great idea.

If you have a Carnival PVP that you like & work with all the time, contact them.

I do have a PVP, I'll call him. Im not sure that he has ever offered me anything better than I could book myself though. Do you get a discount being a past guest? When I do fake bookings it never relfects a discount, but it asks for your past guest number. I thought you did, but I must be wrong?

Ok, I have to ask....what is jonesing????

LOL its just an old saying I picked a LONG time ago. Of course its totally uncool slang from my kids' perspective. It means aching to, dying to, a nagging at your soul to do whatever it is you are wanting to do.......

You Most definately DO get Great Discounts for being Past Guest. We always check out the rates on line & with other agencies to see what is the best rate out there. We ALWAYS get the best and sometimes EVEN BETTER rate than we can find anywhere else theough a PVP.

Archived