AT&T at Sea

Oh my!!!...LOL! Thanks for the info. I think we will go for the cell phones as I doubt 55 cents per text will equal $50 for the dect phones. We will use this for keeping tabs and security when he is in and out of the kids clubs.

yeah she is addicted for sure lol When we got to port on Sunday, both girls grabbed their phones and started texting nonstop until we got home. They missed it I guess.

If you have the iPhone make sure you put it on airplane mode or your email will continue to update and you will rack up one heck of a bill!

all you have to do is turn off data roaming, it cuts off email and internet but still allows text and phone you can do it in your iPhone settings:D and i hate airplane mode it makes mine freeze up sometimes ill be honest i dont use it when i do fly.:o

quick question. is there a way to not get any incoming phone calls but be able to text? i would like to be able to text with the teens but if their phones are on, i am worried about incoming phone calls to their phones from friends . . . which means an outrageous phone bill!

Yes, if they unconditionally forward to voicemail or another number as in **21*1555112222#. This is what I usually do because I need to be able to receive texts. So, I just forward to my international roaming sim with a US number. You can also forward to voicemail.

Think I should also mention that with AT&T and verizon the ship rate is $2.49, and the $5 international roaming package with AT&T has no effect if you are using the ship's tower. It only applies in certain countries mostly in Western Europe and a few caribbean countries. Where it reduces the roaming rate by about $0.30. It's always $2.49 if you are using the shp's tower. Tmobile charges $4.99 if using the ship's tower. Don't know why they are so high compared to the rest.

quick question. is there a way to not get any incoming phone calls but be able to text? i would like to be able to text with the teens but if their phones are on, i am worried about incoming phone calls to their phones from friends . . . which means an outrageous phone bill!

I have an I phone....love to check email on it. If you turn it off airplane mode, can you check email, then go back to airplane mode and only incur charges while it is on airplane mode ? Wondering if I need to use my son's razar phone if I need to make a call ? My teen sons are going on the ship with me and I was planning on texting them to check in with them as to where they are on the ship etc. One son has a razor, one has an I phone..... I may have to call AT&T

Thanks for the I phone info as the incoming email is uncontrolable.

like what i said earlier for IPHONE all you have to do is turn off data roaming you can still call and text just no email or internet and you can turn it off to check email then back on again i have done this to check email it doesnt cost that much. geeeesh are you guys sure you have iphone it seems none of you know this. all you have to do is turn off data roaming in your phone settings.

Archived