OBC for European Sailings!

Albert Ross

UK T/As have been advised that Azamara are offering OBC for their European deployed sailings - must be for new bookings only made between now and Feb 29 this year.

$300 for Ocean View

$500 for Verandah

$800 for Suite

Well worth it IMHO!

UK T/As have been advised that Azamara are offering OBC for their European deployed sailings - must be for new bookings only made between now and Feb 29 this year.

$300 for Ocean View

$500 for Verandah

$800 for Suite

Well worth it IMHO!

I feel exactly the same way as joandbun. We booked our second Quest cruise (previous Nov 24 '07) just before Christmas for 21 June '08.

Albert, as soon as I read your post, I telephoned my T/A. She immediately called Azamara (first telling me that she knew what they would say!) to request the OBC but was told it was for new bookings from Jan.2 '08. The fact that we'd just had a Quest cruise etc. etc. held no sway of course.

I think there might be a lesson here. It would seem that it might be worth waiting until the beginning of the new year to see if the cruise line makes these offers prior to making a reservation.

Having said that, my T/A mentioned that the cost of our cruise had slightly increased since we booked so I suppose it's 'swings and roundabouts'.

'Feeling a bit gutted'

Rita

Extremely poor PR by Azamara. Instead of lowering prices, which would also benefit those with existing bookings, they have decided to 'bestow the blessings' on those with new bookings only. The OBC has been offered in N.A. for a while now (also for new bookings only.) I imagine that some with current bookings will be offended enough that they will cancel and look for a better deal elsewhere....opening up a few more cabins for the generous OBC offer.

I feel exactly the same way as joandbun. We booked our second Quest cruise (previous Nov 24 '07) just before Christmas for 21 June '08.

Albert, as soon as I read your post, I telephoned my T/A. She immediately called Azamara (first telling me that she knew what they would say!) to request the OBC but was told it was for new bookings from Jan.2 '08. The fact that we'd just had a Quest cruise etc. etc. held no sway of course.

I think there might be a lesson here. It would seem that it might be worth waiting until the beginning of the new year to see if the cruise line makes these offers prior to making a reservation.

Having said that, my T/A mentioned that the cost of our cruise had slightly increased since we booked so I suppose it's 'swings and roundabouts'.

'Feeling a bit gutted'

Rita

Small consellation but you should have some OBC from when you booked onboard Quest - so at least a few free drinks for you!!

FYI - Celebrity have just announced OBC as well - but nowhere near as generous as Azamara!

FYI - Celebrity have just announced OBC as well - but nowhere near as generous as Azamara!

Hi Albert !

FYI, I checked this out yesterday. Celebrity's OBC credit program seems to be for a very limited amount of sailings and ships. It is not across the board.

Archived