DJ question

kmigrrrl

We have a friend who is a DJ and has all her own equipment. Has anyone who has gotten married on RCCL ever brought someone onboard..i.e. a guest to do their music during the reception, and if so how much equipment did they bring. I am not sure I even want to ask RR for fear they'll just say no.

I've heard of brides descretely bringing photographers or videographers with them, but I haven't heard of anyone bringing a dj (other than bringing an i-pod with speakers). I know that TWE/RR paperwork states very clearly that no outside services can be brought in---I think it might be easier to descretely bring a photographer, but it would probably be kind of difficult to bring a dj descretely.

Yep, I actually talked to someone at RR and got the answer I expected, no suprise there, he wasn't very nice or helpful and I am praying that is not indicative of things to come. Anyway...does anyone have any advice on the best way for us to do our music on our own, because honestly the costs for the DJ for just 2 hours is just ridiculous! We may have our DJ friend still come to the wedding to at least work our playlist and kindof do the announcing of the wedding party and such. I just want to make sure that we bring speakers that are going to be loud enough, any advice???:confused:

For Christmas I asked for a really nice dock for my ipod. I tested it and it will definitely be loud enough! I think it was over $200, but what they are charging for a DJ is ridiculous, so I felt justified haha. It's the JBL Radial dock that I got, by the way.

that's a great idea! i am definitely doing the same thing. my dad was all on my case about not having a dj but i couldn't really see spending $500 for an hour when i could just create playlists myself! are you going to have someone "announce" the first dance, etc...or will you just do it and then have people recognize it? i think you are getting married on the explorer as well right? if so, you have to give me some tips! i now have 135 people coming! lol.

thanks!

~jess

Archived