First time NCL, first time in a suite, help needed

legospice

Where do i start, i have loads of questions so i was hoping all you nice folks would be able to help me out. Im sailing on the Star in a few weeks to Mex Riviera in an AB penthouse and trying to get things organised. so here goes

What time should i arrive at the port, and is the VIP embarkation line easy to find?

Will i have a cappuccino maker or a coffee pot, and is cappucino available after dinner?

I read there is a VIP party, what night is it held?

What night is the optional formal night/captains cocktail?

On the first night pressing special when do you get your stuff back?

We want to go to teppenyaki, roughly how long does the meal last?

I read that there is an organised bar crawl on the ship, when does this take place?

What is the best bar? who is your favourite bar tender?

How busy does the disco get?

Is Cagneys open for lunch on embarkation day and breakfast or disembarkation day?

Are tender tickets left in suite automatically or do i have to request these from concierge?

Is ship time and port time the same in any/all ports?

Im sure i will think of other stuff ive forgot, or if there is any thing you guys think i should know, or anything you can help me out with would be fantastic.

Thank you

Donna

Ok, I'll try to answer a few questions from my experience (I've stayed in a Romance Suite on the POH)

Where do i start, i have loads of questions so i was hoping all you nice folks would be able to help me out. Im sailing on the Star in a few weeks to Mex Riviera in an AB penthouse and trying to get things organised. so here goes

What time should i arrive at the port, and is the VIP embarkation line easy to find?

The VIP line is very easy to find. If its setup like the POH it starts right next to the standard line. It reminded me of the set-up you see in airports.

Will i have a cappuccino maker or a coffee pot, and is cappucino available after dinner?

There should be an expresso maker in your room, and hopefully 2.0 will be rolled out on the Star by then so you can get the cappuccino after dinner for free. You can always order it from the dinning room for a surcharge if not.

I read there is a VIP party, what night is it held?

You'll get the invitation with one of your dailies one night. Ours was the 4th night? Hopefully someone else can tell you the specific day.

What night is the optional formal night/captains cocktail?

Its usually the 2nd night.

On the first night pressing special when do you get your stuff back?

We got some around 4pm and the rest at 7pm

We want to go to teppenyaki, roughly how long does the meal last?

I read that there is an organised bar crawl on the ship, when does this take place?

What is the best bar? who is your favourite bar tender?

How busy does the disco get?

Is Cagneys open for lunch on embarkation day and breakfast or disembarkation day?

Cagneys is not open for lunch embarkation day, but it is (or at least was on POH) debarkation day.

Are tender tickets left in suite automatically or do i have to request these from concierge?

They should be there in your room when you get there. Look and see if there is an envelope on the table or desk.

Is ship time and port time the same in any/all ports?

Im sure i will think of other stuff ive forgot, or if there is any thing you guys think i should know, or anything you can help me out with would be fantastic.

Thank you

Donna

Sorry I don't have the specific info for the ship, but hopefully there are some similarities with the POH.

The perk of Cagney's for breakfast and lunch for full suite guests is not available on the Star. It's only a perk on those ships with Courtyards (Gem, Pearl, Jewel, PoH/Jade); on those ships it's available for AE and above.

This doesn't mean that Cagney's might not be open for lunch for all pax, but I wanted to clarify that it's not a suite perk on Star.

beachchick

Do they charge you a premium fee to use Cagney's for lunch for suites?

We were on the Pearl back in Nov 2007 and was in AD suite. We ate breakfast & lunch at Cagney's a couple of times. There was no cover charge. The cover charge in only for Dinner.

Doug

Great questions and great answer. CC members are so great!..thanks!

I'm in an owners suite in August on the Sun and have the two adjoining mini suites for my kids and their spouses. If the owner suite gets an invite to captains table/cocktail party can I bring the mini suite kids too?

This is a vacation of a lifetime for us and we do want to do it up 'right'.

Winnie <-----> will be with 5 funloving kids (aged 30-40)!

Great questions and great answer. CC members are so great!..thanks!

I'm in an owners suite in August on the Sun and have the two adjoining mini suites for my kids and their spouses. If the owner suite gets an invite to captains table/cocktail party can I bring the mini suite kids too?

This is a vacation of a lifetime for us and we do want to do it up 'right'.

Winnie <-----> will be with 5 funloving kids (aged 30-40)!

We were on the Pearl back in Nov 2007 and we(dw & I) had a AD and my in-laws were in a AF mini-suite. We were not aloud to bring our in-laws. What we did is ask our butler and he checked for us and the reply was no. It is only available for suite guest only and no exceptions.

All you can do is ask your butler and see if you can? The worst thing he could say is no.

Doug

Archived