Triple Room on Grand Princess

Tintown

Has anyone stayed in, or been in, a triple room? We are booked in a triple with balcony on Baja Deck, for two back to back cruises (3.5 weeks), with our 10 year old daughter. We had hoped for a double bed, but have been told that the triple room beds are fixed in place, and that the 3rd bed is a bunk over one of the other beds. Can anyone confirm this, or better still, does anyone have a photo of this type of room? Do you think that we should upgrade to a mini suite? It is a lot more expensive though.

Has anyone stayed in, or been in, a triple room? We are booked in a triple with balcony on Baja Deck, for two back to back cruises (3.5 weeks), with our 10 year old daughter. We had hoped for a double bed, but have been told that the triple room beds are fixed in place, and that the 3rd bed is a bunk over one of the other beds. Can anyone confirm this, or better still, does anyone have a photo of this type of room? Do you think that we should upgrade to a mini suite? It is a lot more expensive though.

Do you have a room number to help us out here. Or are you referring to a regular room that fits three?

If you are booked on Baja deck in cabin 432 (it is a BC category) the deck plans show that the beds can be converted into a queen. The problem is that the upper berth for the 3rd passenger comes down from the ceiling making it difficult for the 3rd person to get out of the upper bunk and making it dangerous for the people in the lower queen bed should the upper bunk passenger fall out of the bunk :D ! I also think the reason they told you the beds cannot be converted is due to fire/emergency regulations.

In my opinion, and it's just my opinion, (only you can decide if the extra cost is worth it to you) if you really want to enjoy your 3 1/2 week vacation, and if your budget will allow it, do switch to a mini suite. You will have more useable square footage in the cabin and definitely a larger bathroom (with a tub) as well as the sitting area with a sofa. The sofa makes into a bed for the 3rd person at night.

I agree . We got a regular room and my 10 yr old daughter was always getting up at night . The bunks fold down right above our bed so she was climbing up and down all the time. I got a mini suite the next year . I wouldnt be without a mini with young kids . CARL :)

Archived