Princess Grand Class Balcony Categories

gopher's girl

I typed these up and thought they might come in handy:

Balcony cabins on the grand class are definitely done by deck and location.

(note these are balconies only - if anyone needs the rest please let me know and I will see what I can do)

Caribbean Princess:

BA - all Lido (these are all forward), mid-ship Caribe

BB - mid-ship Riviera, forward and aft Caribe, aft-looking on Baja, Caribe, Dolphin, and Emerald

BC - mid-ship Aloha, forward and aft Riviera

BD - mid-ship Baja, forward and aft Aloha

BE - forward and aft Baja

BF - Baja 209, 210, 214, 215 (all forward)

BG - Baja 201, 202, 205, 206 (all forward)

Grand/Golden/Star Princess:

BB - mid-ship Aloha, forward and aft Caribe, aft-looking on Caribe, Dolphin, and Emerald

BC - mid-ship Baja, forward and aft Aloha

BD - forward and aft Baja

BE - Emerald 205, 206, 207, 208 (all forward)

BF - Emerald 201, 202, 203, 204 (all forward)

Diamond/Sapphire Princess:

BB - mid-ship Aloha, forward and aft Caribe, aft-looking on Caribe, Dolphin, and Emerald

BE - Baja 114, 116, 119, 123 (all forward)

BF - Baja 106, 109, 110, 115 (all forward)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, it's gonna be our first time on Princess ; we just booked a BD Baja at Sapphire Princess for 11/26/05 Mexican Riviera but changed it to BB Caribe same price after the balcony comments in the other threads here. Our TA stated the Caribe balcony is larger but it's not private and people higher will be looking down into our balcony. Did we do the right thing?

I typed these up and thought they might come in handy:

Balcony cabins on the grand class are definitely done by deck and location.

(note these are balconies only - if anyone needs the rest please let me know and I will see what I can do)

Diamond/Sapphire Princess:

BA - all Lido (these are all forward)' date=' mid-ship Caribe

BE - Baja 114, 116, 119, 123 (all forward)

BF - Baja 106, 109, 110, 115 (all forward)[/quote']

Hi "mom" -

I think you did the right thing :) The Caribe deck balconies are very comfortable and even though 1/2 of it is open to the upper decks you really do not notice it. The open feeling is wonderful. I was on the Diamond in C607 which was a mid-ship BA and that was fantastic... I know that the rooms just forward and aft that comprise the BB category are exactly the same and you will really enjoy it. When I was on the Caribbean which is pretty much the same ship as the Diamond and Sapphire, I was in C710 which is a BB further aft and that was just as nice as the C607 on the Diamond. I would highly recommend eating your breakfast on the balcony - you can order continental style breakfast at no extra charge!

This is kind of a general question. I can't find any info on the family suite.ie size of each room, size of balcony how many people does it accommodate. Anybody in the know? We would like to take a family trip next Fe. but we are having a tought time getting specific info. For example in a mini-suite, if they all have sofa beds, who are only a specific number quads. Is there a difference in the size of the sofa bed? Very hard web site to navigate.

I have a question and can't seem to get a straight answer from TA or princess rep. We were "gauranteed" a BF room and got a BB. Can you tell me if you know the difference?? Everyone kept telling us we got upgraded, but if you go looking on websites, they are the same type of room, but they charge more for a BF....how can that be an upgrade?

Thanks!!

Thanks, gopher girl for your comments regarding our "better" choice of Caribe instead of the Baja balcony. They assigned us to a BB forward Caribe. Should I ask them to change us to an aft caribe instead - looks like there are still aft BB left? or it shouldn't make much of a difference either way at this point? We'll follow your suggestion on the continental breakfast on the balcony, sounds lovely...thanks in advance...

Wow - I am so pleased that I am able to help :)

Foreverr - you might want to post this question on the general Princess boards. These cabin types are very specific so there are probably only a few people on these boards that have ever stayed in them. Good luck!

Gbanshee - the speculation is that the Crown will be laid out very similar to the Caribbean - but I am unsure if it will have the Riviera deck or not - the guess is that it will.

Lookingb - the "upgrade" from BF to BB is an upgrade within the B category. There are very few BF category rooms, so they are usually promoted as the less expensive cabins. When people book a BF cabin - whether a specific cabin or just a BF category guarantee, unless it is marked "do not upgrade" by your TA, chances are it will be upgraded to open the category again for the lower promotional price. The cabins in the B category however are all the same in size and facilities, with the exception of the Caribe deck which has the largest balconies and the cabins that look at the wake of the ship. Other people on this board have stayed in those and really enjoy them, but they are not open like the ones on the sides of the ship. If you want to write back and tell me what deck you are on and perhaps the range, I would be happy to give you any tips or description that I can (no need to put your exact cabin number as I understand not giving that out before sailing).

Mom0605 - The forward will be just fine. While I enjoyed my aft cabin I would try a forward one as well. There are probably pros and cons to all cabins but you will enjoy your cruise nonetheless. As I sit here in chilly Philly I think of how lovely another breakfast on the balcony would be! Do keep in touch please.

Thanks Gopher's Girl. We just thought it was weird when we started doing research and we had a garuantee of BF or better and got a BB. When we started looking, it appeared that TA's where charging LESS for a BB than a BF so we could not figure out how that could be an upgrade if a BB was costing less?? That is where we were getting confused and not quite sure what we paid for because my husband booked on line from Iraq.

Thanks for your help!!

Brenda ;)

• 6 months later...

Hi kesamc! The Sun is a "Sun Class" Ship which is different from the "Grand" Class. I have been on the Dawn which is laid out the same as the sun. If you have a specific cabin question I would be happy to try to answer it. While on the Dawn I was in a BC class cabin on the Caribe deck. The BBs and BAs have slightly larger balcony openings but all of the balconies are pretty much the same size on these ships.

Brenda (lookingb) - how is your Army man? Has he returned home yet?

Archived