No Balconies from ports Mobile, NO & J'ville FL?

CMK1970

I do love these boards and the way it makes my head spin with information. :rolleyes: We are south of Memphis, TN, so we would also prefer the ports of Mobile or New Orleans, and we are also a family of five. The difference is that two of our three children are younger, so we are debating on whether we want two cheaper cabins that do not connect (which would then separate my DH and I), one expensive Cat. 12 cabin, or to drive all the way to Tampa and get a different itinerary option plus two connecting cabins.

For me, the fact that the hurricane destroyed Costa Maya is really depressing, because we loved that port (and the locals) last January, and I am not reading good things about Progreso. So if we go ahead and drive (significantly) further, we could go to Grand Cayman, instead, and we have never been there. Plus, I think it would be fun for all of the children to say that our vacation took them to more than just Mexico, since they have been there.

Decisions . . . decisions . . . decisions . . .

Well I bit the bullet and went with a category 12 suite(V3)with balcony. The Holiday only offers 10 and 4 of them have limited views because of the lifeboats. Its 374 sqft and the balcony is 87 sqft. It can hold up to 5..king bed, fold out sofa and a rollaway cot.

We are working middle class but I do have a tendency to go all out when planning our family vacations:D Usually my DH keeps me in line from going to far overboard but this time he was the one that suggested the suite;)

Yes it was about $700 more but to me it is worth it after talking with my PVP and discussing it with my DH...Since we do not have to fly and the balance is due 2 months before we go, I have enough time to start saving for excursions and other things..

As many other posters have pointed out its a personal decision..for us we are taking the plunge:eek: Also since we have decided to go in May it saved us even more then what we would have paid for June or July..

Also since we have decided to go in May it saved us even more then what we would have paid for June or July..

You sound like an experienced cruiser now! If you have a flexible schedule you can get cheaper rates and in turn, be able to afford a nicer room or even better, another cruise! Sometimes you can literally take two cruises in off-peak times for the same price as one cruise in peak. I've been doing it for years!

Congratulations on your Cat. 12!!! This will surely enhance your cruise experience! Please let us know what you think by posting after your cruise - and reference this thread so we'll all know who you are (I am forgetful).

Archived