Post cruise excursions

skyview851

We have quite a few hours between arriving at the pier & flight time (flight at 5:30). I noticed that X has excursions available that say they pick you up at the pier & drop you at the airport. What do they do with the luggage during this time? The excursion says that you should be able to do the tour & still make a 3:30 flight. Is this reasonable? Any advice greatfully accepted.
Lisa

I had wondered about this too but figured that they put you on a bus and put your luggage in the cargo hold of the bus until you get to the airport (you know, like a Greyhound). I've also heard that often these excursions get canceled for lack of interest.... Hope if we decide to book it that they don't cancel, otherwise we'll sit at the airport for 5 hours waiting for our plane.

[quote name='CelebrityMan']And not only is airport waiting a B-O-R-E, but it's a harsh case of culture shock!!! I had to find something to eat one time, and all I could get was Burger King![/QUOTE]
And to make matters worse, if you were at Miami airport, Burger King is probably the best food there! (sigh)

IF...I book a post cruise excursion & they cancel, is it cancelled before you finalize your on board statement, or do I end up with a credit towards a future cruise, thereby forcing DH to book another one? Can I sign up for all the excursions so that I have a lot of credits?

[quote name='skyview851']IF...I book a post cruise excursion & they cancel, is it cancelled before you finalize your on board statement, or do I end up with a credit towards a future cruise, thereby forcing DH to book another one? Can I sign up for all the excursions so that I have a lot of credits?[/QUOTE]
You are generally notified one or two days before the cruise ends so the amount is removed from your bill before you pay it.

If you want lots of credit that can be used to purchase your next cruise, buy a high ticket item the last day of the cruise and return it the next morning before deboarding. I think that will go for a credit but I am really note sure.....

Hmm, just a thought, can you put your next cruise on your ship account? That would be the way to go!

We did a post cruise excursion while on the Millie in August. We got off the ship in Venice and they took us and our luggage on a bus to Padua. It turned out to be a great excursion and something we would have missed otherwise. After the excursion, they dropped us off at the airport. The price was really reasonable too.

I will say that one of the great things about a post-cruise excursion is that you are pretty much the last ones off the ship the last morning, so you get a little extra time to sleep!

I guess it would also depends on where you are. I wouldn't think there would be much of a demand for post-cruise excursions in the Caribbean.

Archived