Kids want beach-I need shade. What to Do?

Uncle Fester

Our kids (10 and 8) really want to go to the beach while on the island, but due to medical reasons, my days in the sun are over. Any thoughts on what might work for us?

I'm looking for something more than a beach umbrella. Perhaps something along the lines of a bar/hut along the beach where I can cool by heels while the kids frolic and swim.

From what you are saying, you need a real building to hide in, not a beach umbrella, while the kids play on the beach and go in the water. Will there be any other adults along? All the beach bars on a place like Orient are far back from the water's edge. How mature are the kids?

From what you are saying, you need a real building to hide in, not a beach umbrella, while the kids play on the beach and go in the water. Will there be any other adults along? All the beach bars on a place like Orient are far back from the water's edge. How mature are the kids?

Yes, my wife will be with me, so I won't have to be out on the beach and keeping an eye on the kids myself.

As for maturity,they're pretty good. I, on the other hand, have had my maturity questioned many times after a few too many scotches.

Archived