Atmosphere on Princess

gavinfromlondon

Hi, this might be a bit of a controversial post so apologies!

My wife and I have booked a suite on a nine night cruise out of New York on the Caribbean Princess next year; we're professionals in our late 20s who enjoy just relaxing, eating nice food and wine. enjoying the onboard entertainment etc. We've been on two Royal Caribbean cruises which we've really enjoyed.

We booked Princess because it seemed quite similar to RC in many ways and we fancied a change.

I'd been really looking forward to it; however, certain postings on this site have made me wonder whether Princess is right for us. From some of the postings, it would appear that Princess may attract a more subdued and less friendly group of travellers than Royal Caribbean (and I'm not talking age here, we made great friends with people in their 70s on our last cruise).

I've been quite shocked by how obsessed some people seem over things like dress codes... I mean I like to look smart, but the responses I've seen on here if someone dares to wear jeans makes me feel quite uncomfortable about what peeople are going to be like onboard.

I just wondered what people's thoughts/ experiences are?

The best answer I can give you is that a very tiny percentage of all cruise passengers actually post on Cruise Critic. So you are getting the suggestions, advise and obsessions of a very small group in comparison to the masses of passengers onboard the actual ship.

I am sure you will have a great time.

Hi, this might be a bit of a controversial post so apologies!

My wife and I have booked a suite on a nine night cruise out of New York on the Caribbean Princess next year; we're professionals in our late 20s who enjoy just relaxing, eating nice food and wine. enjoying the onboard entertainment etc. We've been on two Royal Caribbean cruises which we've really enjoyed.

We booked Princess because it seemed quite similar to RC in many ways and we fancied a change.

I'd been really looking forward to it; however, certain postings on this site have made me wonder whether Princess is right for us. From some of the postings, it would appear that Princess may attract a more subdued and less friendly group of travellers than Royal Caribbean (and I'm not talking age here, we made great friends with people in their 70s on our last cruise).

I've been quite shocked by how obsessed some people seem over things like dress codes... I mean I like to look smart, but the responses I've seen on here if someone dares to wear jeans makes me feel quite uncomfortable about what peeople are going to be like onboard.

I just wondered what people's thoughts/ experiences are?

Welcome to the Princess family. We hope you stay is enjoyable.

It has been my experience after years of participating in the web site, that there will always be a large crowd that will go out of their way to find fault, create issues and voice negative opinions regardless if they are warranted or not.

Princess seems to attract a wide spectrum of voyagers from the first time to the seasoned, from the child to the experienced patron, from the folks that want to "look smart" to those that think of the ship as a bus and dress as such.

Normally you will find those that really enjoy the thrill of cruising and all of its charm will take the longer cruises and/or with voyage dates that aren't during the "normal" vacation times.

Having sailed on RCI, I would say that Princess has the same demographics. We have found that on any given Princess cruise there will be a large group of terrific passengers and a handful of those that would find fault with a sunrise. Usually the latter are those that stick out the most and we tend to remember, but we try to keep in mind that at the end of the cruise we don't have to go home with them.

Also, keep in mind that even though this is the best web site of its kind, not all passengers log in or comment here. There is a huge population of those potentially going on your voyage that aren't represented here who might be the type of crowd you feel very comfortable with.

Greg

Archived