Just to clarify...

Enchanted

We seem to be cruising on (what I consider) a regular basis but have never used the LA to book future cruises.

I just want to make sure I've got it straight.

We can book a future cruise while onboard our next cruise, pay a reduced deposit and get o/b credit?

THEN, we can transfer our booking to our TA and even change the cruise to a different one (if we so choose) and still get the o/b credit on the changed cruise?

If we book 2 cruises/back to back, would we get 2 o/b credits?

Do we have to take this cruise within a certain time frame?

Also if we book while on board and then change our minds, do we lose our deposit?

Are there any disadvantages to booking this way?

Thanks

Maxine

We seem to be cruising on (what I consider) a regular basis but have never used the LA to book future cruises.

I just want to make sure I've got it straight.

We can book a future cruise while onboard our next cruise, pay a reduced deposit and get o/b credit? YES

THEN, we can transfer our booking to our TA and even change the cruise to a different one (if we so choose) and still get the o/b credit on the changed cruise? YES, just make sure you keep the same reservation number.

If we book 2 cruises/back to back, would we get 2 o/b credits?

Do we have to take this cruise within a certain time frame?

Also if we book while on board and then change our minds, do we lose our deposit? If you book an actual cruise and then cancel, you would get your deposit back. If you book a future cruise and then don't use it at some point, you lose it. I think there is a 3 year time frame on the future cruise, but not sure, someone else can verify for you.

Are there any disadvantages to booking this way? We always book our cruises while on the cruise so that we get the OBC. Never have used the "Future Cruise" we always book an actual cruise since we plan way in advance for our vacations. I don't think there are any disadvantages to booking an actual cruise since pricing is the same, you get the OBC which is why we do it. Can tell you if there are disadvantages on the Future Cruise since we don't do that.

Thanks

Maxine

I can answer some of these and then someone else can fill in the rest.

We can book a future cruise while onboard our next cruise, pay a reduced deposit and get o/b credit? Yes, you can it is call "Next Cruise" you will pay $100 non-refundable deposit

THEN, we can transfer our booking to our TA and even change the cruise to a different one (if we so choose) and still get the o/b credit on the changed cruise? You must keep the booking number the same.

If we book 2 cruises/back to back, would we get 2 o/b credits? If you buy 2 Next cruise options for $100 deposit each.

Do we have to take this cruise within a certain time frame? They don't expire.

Also if we book while on board and then change our minds, do we lose our deposit? the deposit is non-refundable

The biggest advantage is that you are only tying up $100 per option instead of 500$ or so for a regular booking deposit on a 7 day cruise.

I didn't know that there as just a 'future cruise' option. So, if we book that without selecting a specific cruise, we have 3 years to make a selection, if not the deposit is lost (?)

If we choose a specific cruise, we can change as long as we keep the same booking # (do we do that through our ta?) and once/if the cruise selection has been changed, are we then stuck with that or can it be changed again?.. and if we book this way it doesn't expire (?)

Either option, if we don't use it the deposit is non refundable?

I didn't know that there as just a 'future cruise' option. So, if we book that without selecting a specific cruise, we have 3 years to make a selection, if not the deposit is lost (?) When the program first started there was a 3 year time frame but they took that off so now they don't expire.

If we choose a specific cruise, we can change as long as we keep the same booking # (do we do that through our ta?) and once/if the cruise selection has been changed, are we then stuck with that or can it be changed again?.. and if we book this way it doesn't expire (?) You can change it multiple times.

Either option, if we don't use it the deposit is non refundable? With the Next Cruise if you book something and then cancel it instead of move it to another then yes you would lose the deposit. If you booked a specific cruise and wanted to cancel it before the final payment time then you would get ALL your money back.

Thanks so much for your replies.

I don't know why we haven't been doing this all along!

Seems foolproof, I thought for sure there would be a catch!!

If there is...I haven't found it. I booked on board last cruise for a $200 on board credit using my RCCL Visa for the double points. I also have 2 Next cruise and I am trying to figure out what I am going to use them for.

One thing that may not be too clear to you is that when you do select and book the cruise you want you pay the difference between the $100 booking fee and the booking fee applicable for your cruise.

Also, if I read other posts correctly if you book a cruise with one name on booking (with plans to eventually book a 2nd person in your room) you only have one $100 deposit required at time of booking. I think thats how it goes although I have been known to get things mixed up lol. I'm sure cc people will correct me if this is incorrect.

Archived