Visas for Dubai -Athens cruise... Help

jaicat

My husband and I are on the March 26th sailing of the Cloud from Dubai to Athens. Can anyone confirm that the ship will issue visas for Oman, Jordan Saudi Arabia and Egypt? We have been told this but having had faulty information before (with serious consequences) I need to be sure.

In the event that the ship issues these are they given automatically after you board or do you need application forms?:confused:

Jaicat

My husband and I are on the March 26th sailing of the Cloud from Dubai to Athens. Can anyone confirm that the ship will issue visas for Oman, Jordan Saudi Arabia and Egypt? We have been told this but having had faulty information before (with serious consequences) I need to be sure.

In the event that the ship issues these are they given automatically after you board or do you need application forms?:confused:

Jaicat

Jaicat:

I just received Visa information from Silversea for this voyage. It came with the Guest Information Form. If you are a US passport holder, Silversea will obtain Visas for you for Egypt, Jordan, Oman, and Saudi Arabia. Your shipboard account will be charged the fee imposed by the respective country. This applies to most nationals, but there are some exceptions for each country visited. The exceptions are listed on the notice from Silversea. With regards to United Arab Emirates, US and Canadian passport holders can obtain a visa upon arrival into the UAE. Guests with an Israeli passport can not sail on voyage 1809. Hopefully, you'll be receiving this information soon from the cruise line. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi jaicat - we are also on this cruise. My husband checked with Silverseas twice and they say all Visas will be taken care of by the ship. We will be arriving in Dubai 3 days prior to sailing.

Marsha and Gerry

We too are on this trip and have received the info from Silverseas that they will be aquiring all visa's nesscary for the voyage. This might only be true if you are from the uk. We will be in staying in Dubai for 4 nights beforehand for some rest and sun (just love the place we have been going twice a year for the last 8 years)

Regards

John & Joy

Hi John & Joy - look forward to meeting you. We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard in the "green zone". We've only been to Dubai once - last year getting off the Silver Cloud which started in Singapore to Dubai. We do understand that all visas are handled by the ship.

Marsha & Gerry

Hi Marsha, Jerry, John & Joy.

We are arriving two days early and staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I hope to catch up with you on the ship.

I also hope you booked your abayas for the tours in Jeddah as I understand females will not be allowed off the ship unless one is worn over the clothes with a headscarf!!

This should be an interesting cruise.

Jaicat

Hi Marsha, Jerry, John & Joy.

We are arriving two days early and staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I hope to catch up with you on the ship.

I also hope you booked your abayas for the tours in Jeddah as I understand females will not be allowed off the ship unless one is worn over the clothes with a headscarf!!

This should be an interesting cruise.

Jaicat

I've booked my abaya. Just hope I ordered the right size so that no hint of ankle shows. Not sure what to do about the head scarf, since I'm one of those fair-haired types that has to be careful to hide it. I'm wondering if a standard print silk scarf that I may wear at home is acceptable to put over may head like a kerchief. Or, is there a particular type of headwear necessary? And what color? Would appreciate any information from those that have been to Jeddah. This should be an interesting cruise, indeed.

Look forward to meeting you on the ship.

Hi Everyone - Let us know where eveyone is from. We're from Illinois, just 15 minutes from St. Louis, Missouri. We sailed on the Cloud last year from Singapore to Dubai and it was absolutely a wonderful experience. We loved the ship. We actually have a friend meeting us in Jeddah and they are supposed to be bringing an Abaya to the ship for me. I hope it works out, otherwise I won't be getting off the ship. I guess I've already mentioned that we are staying at the Marriott Courtyart-green zone in Dubai for 3 nights prior to the cruise and we will be spending 3 nights in Bahrain for 3 nights prior to that. We're looking forward to some warm weather. We have 2 inches of sleet here at home today! Marsha & Gerry

My Husband and I live in Barbados (although I was born in Jamaica) and we have been sailing Silverseas every year. The closest we have been to this part of the world is Turkey and are really looking forward to it.

Jaicat

Archived