Reservations for Portofino

On the Voyager and Freedom class ships, there will be someone at a table set up on the Royal Promenade on deck 5. You can also go to any house phone and call for a reservation. The number is in the daily Compass available at the Purser's desk or you can ask them for it. We like to get a seat at the pub on the promenade as soon as we board. We get a few sandwiches, some pizza and a few cookies and sit with our cold pints and watch the poeple go by with their mouths wide open oooing and aahhhing as the admire the ship. To us it's much better than the cattle call at the buffet. Bon Voyage!

I'm sure this is under another thread, but would someone mind telling me what the surcharge is per person for Portofino's and what kind of food they have?

Thx!!

$20 per person. Your sure to be able to find a menu posted somewhere on these boards. They have Italian specialties, they serve a killer seafood brochette and the filet is the best of all; about 3 inches thick and fork tender. The accoutremonts are superb as well; roasted garlic clove for spreading on the unique bread offerings, olive tampenade, mushroom paste and tomato spread are some of the delights that await you. And the desserts! oo la la!

I'm sure this is under another thread, but would someone mind telling me what the surcharge is per person for Portofino's and what kind of food they have?

Thx!!

It has been $20 for quite a while, but reports are starting to trickle in from recent cruisers that the price has been raised to $25. It is unclear how widespread this is.

On the Voyager and Freedom class ships, there will be someone at a table set up on the Royal Promenade on deck 5. You can also go to any house phone and call for a reservation. The number is in the daily Compass available at the Purser's desk or you can ask them for it. We like to get a seat at the pub on the promenade as soon as we board. We get a few sandwiches, some pizza and a few cookies and sit with our cold pints and watch the poeple go by with their mouths wide open oooing and aahhhing as the admire the ship. To us it's much better than the cattle call at the buffet. Bon Voyage!

HEY! I'm sure I'll resemble that remark. Although my "ooohs" and "ahhhs" tend to be more like "whoa" when I see something new and grand. Thank you for the fun and witty reply. For a newbie, it's nice to read fully rounded out responses. It helps to paint a picture of what I have in store for me.

Archived