Choosing Between Forward AB and Aft AC on Spirit

ImADaneFan

If you had a choice between a forward AB suite (deluxe penthouse) and an aft AC suite (penthouse) which would you choose? I'm a little concerned about the vibration in the aft cabin. Please give me the pros an cons if you have been in either of these. Thanks in advance.

Having stayed in an AFT AA suite of the Spirit, I can say that there is vibration when going full speed. Things rattled, etc. Nothing that bothered me, physically. But, the noise can be a bit annoying if your a lite sleeper. I where earplugs when I sleep, so it didn't bother me at all. The forward suites can experience wind while at sea and sometimes the balconies cannot be used on sea days as it is far too windy out there. This is why I avoid them. All in all, I prefer Aft suites.

The suites sandwiched between the owners suites on the Spirit are ADs not ACs. Not muich difference except that the ADs have the balcony running the length of the suite and the ACs do not. Also, ACs have just a little bit more room. Nevertheless, I think if money was not an issue, I would go with the AB just because of the extra room.

We were in the AB penthouse last winter for the Southern Caribbean trip from NY - Lovely cabin - the main diff between the two is the balcony access IMO - the aft cabins have sliding balcony doors - the forward cabin has the "Submarine" door - (my pet name) and are virtually unuseable when you are underway. Major vacuum created when you open the cabin door if the balcony door is open. We did use it - just have to be very careful. The forward balcony is a little larger than the aft from what I recall. The end suites do have access to both forward and side balcony.

Forward cabin - you will have to keep your drapes shut as well as the balcony light (evening only) as the light and glare interfer with the bridge.

So if you like the breeze at night - you're better off with the aft - unless you can get a side/end cabin. People we had met were in the AF's and they did say the vibrations in the aft were not overly problematic. They put a towel on the shelf with the glasses on top and that too care of the "clinking" noises.

The Spirit is a lovely ship - Lisa is the consierge - very nice lady (or at least she was) Our butler was Jay - also a real sweetie. Hope you're as lucky as we were with service. Had a great time.

M

If you had a choice between a forward AB suite (deluxe penthouse) and an aft AC suite (penthouse) which would you choose? I'm a little concerned about the vibration in the aft cabin. Please give me the pros an cons if you have been in either of these. Thanks in advance.

Having stayed in both - I prefer the AC/AD to the AB. The AD is in the AFT. the AC's are on the sides. The AB although a beautiful cabin with the two balconys - only one is useable while you are traveling. It also has a 1/2 bath which came in handy when traveling with family. It also has a bar that you can stand behind with a fridge where as the AC/AD has more of a cabinet with the fridge. The 2nd balcony in the AB is in the bedroom and the balcony in the AC is in the livingroom. Either cabin - you'll have a great trip.:)

Archived