Has anyone flown ATL-BCN in November?????

I am flying on Oct. 31 08 from MSP-ATL then ATL-BCN and I was wondering if anyone has had this flight and if so have they had any problems with it? We are getting on a cruise Nov. 1st so really can't afford to miss our connection in ATL. Has anyone had any weather problems at this time of the year? Just a little bit worried about the flight.

Anyone's experiences would be helpful.

Thanks Jen

I am flying on Oct. 31 08 from MSP-ATL then ATL-BCN and I was wondering if anyone has had this flight and if so have they had any problems with it? We are getting on a cruise Nov. 1st so really can't afford to miss our connection in ATL. Has anyone had any weather problems at this time of the year? Just a little bit worried about the flight.

Anyone's experiences would be helpful.

Thanks Jen

If you haven't booked I would consider flying a day earlier. That way you arrive a day before your cruise. If flights get delayed/cancelled, you have some buffer time for alternate travel. If not, buy travel insurance.

Weather in ATL at that time of the year generally should not be a problem. However, anything tropical in nature in the Gulf could send thunderstorms to the ATL area which can cause problems.

We flew LAS-ATL-BCN this past November 1 on Delta with no problems. However, we flew to Barcelona 2 days early.

You just never know what the weather will be, there is no guarantee that the aircraft will be ready-to-go. There are so many things that could go wrong-even your flight from MSP could be late or cancelled due to weather, maintenance or air traffic control isses. For a flight that long a distance, we always fly in at least a day early.

I fully agree with GSPlover: fly in at least a day early if at all possible. That way, most of the worry will be gone.

As someone who lives in Atlanta and flies frequently from its airport, I can say that weather is not likely to be a problem (but of course there are no guarantees). However, as others have said, go in a day early to be sure.

I was scheduled to fly out of Atlanta to Frankfurt in mid-October and my flight was eventually cancelled due to aircraft problems. Everyone had to be rescheduled. This caused me to miss a nice 3-day holiday in Rome prior to a business meeting.....grrr.

In November 2006, my mom and I were to fly out of Atlanta to Rome for a Med. cruise. Again, there were aircraft issues -- we had to get off the plane and wait for a new craft (several hours delay). We were a bit worried as our cruise left the following day. However, we did get out that evening and did make the cruise.

Archived