Triumph info

Hello everyone. I was gone for a very long time. Our cruise for 2008 turned into a Disney trip for 2007, so I stopped reading about cruising for awhile. But now I am back and we are DEFINATELY going to go on a cruise in June of 2009. Just hubby and I. It will be our very first cruise, and our very first vacation without the kids. They are now 11 and 13, so I thought it is time for some quality time. :) I know I will miss them, but they will be in good hands.

Anyway, right now I am looking at the Triumph cruise to New England and Canada. I want to sail out of either NY, NJ or Philly, so we don't have the extra cost of flying. I am willing to go anywhere, but there are not many options yet for June of '09. I am looking at the 4 or 5 day time slot.

What can you tell me about triumph. The good the bad and the ugly. I am reading all the official stuff, but would like some personal input. Any other cruise that you think we should wait for. Ones that you know will come up for June of '09, cause they always do that you think are fantastic? All advice and input is appreciated.

Hello everyone. I was gone for a very long time. Our cruise for 2008 turned into a Disney trip for 2007, so I stopped reading about cruising for awhile. But now I am back and we are DEFINATELY going to go on a cruise in June of 2009. Just hubby and I. It will be our very first cruise, and our very first vacation without the kids. They are now 11 and 13, so I thought it is time for some quality time. :) I know I will miss them, but they will be in good hands.

Anyway, right now I am looking at the Triumph cruise to New England and Canada. I want to sail out of either NY, NJ or Philly, so we don't have the extra cost of flying. I am willing to go anywhere, but there are not many options yet for June of '09. I am looking at the 4 or 5 day time slot.

What can you tell me about triumph. The good the bad and the ugly. I am reading all the official stuff, but would like some personal input. Any other cruise that you think we should wait for. Ones that you know will come up for June of '09, cause they always do that you think are fantastic? All advice and input is appreciated.

You may want to compare prices between a cruise leaving from the ports you mentioned and those leaving from Florida or other ports with 4-5 day cruises. When I first started looking for cruises I too thought that I'd save by leaving from a NY port but those cruises were much higher making a Florida cruise a better option price wise even after adding air to the total. From my own experience in living here in NY I'm not sure I'd have gotten a love of cruising from a NY cruise. Now some people say they don't care where they are cruising to as long as they are on the ship they are happy. Being in Ny all winter and having been to Canada many times it just isn't the same as a Carribean cruise to foreign exotic ports. Again this may be different for you depending on what you enjoy in a vacation. As far as the Triumph it was our first and second cruises and we loved both. It was a perfect first cruise ship for us :)

Thank you for that information. I will definately explore our other options, such as sailing out of Florida. We are not very seasoned travelers. I have only ever been to Florida, Virginia and New Jersey in my life of traveling. I am 37 years old. So going anywhere is exciting for me, but maybe you are right the Caribbean would be a better place to go. Decisions, decisions. Thanks again!

I've taken both the Triumph and the Victory to Canada. Some people do not consider anything but a beach or warm climate a vacation and that's fine. We enjoyed both of our Canada cruises. Those two ships are identical except for how they're decorated. The itineraries are a bit different. I've also sailed out of NY on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda and the Bahamas.

I agree about the cost of the cruise. It's not much of a difference when you factor air + a cruises out of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale vs. cruise-only out of NY. Sometimes it's cheaper to do the NY thang...but the price difference is negligible. So it's more about where you want to go, if you look at it that way.

If you do not want to be bothered with the added hassle of taking a flight, and if you don't care whether you see Canada or the Caribbean, then sail from close to home. If you're concerned about the weather, odds will be more on your side if you fly to Florida and cruise to the Caribbean. We had great weather for one Canada cruise (sunny, but very windy on the deck at the pool) and the other was crazy fog...but in port it was nice out.

Let us know what you choose! You have plenty of time!

So,

Archived