Punta Sur

Sassy American Bird

Hiya everyone! Forgive me if this topic has been covered before but I thoroughly searched the board before posting..

My family (hubby, 2 year old, and parents) will be aboard the Carnival Legend March 2nd with a stop in Cozumel. We have visited here before and I am looking for something different - ie, NO SHOPPING, PLEASE! :)

Carnival excursions has an Punta Sur getaway with snorkeling. From the Trip Advisor reviews, Punta Sur looks wonderful. My question is, has anyone booked this independently/privately or did you go through the cruise line? All advice and shared commentary is welcomed! Thanks so much in advance!!!

Cheers, Kimberly

My DH and I booked through Carnival to take these safari type buses to Punta Sur and snorkel. We climbed a light house, saw crocodiles, and then went out to snorkel. We swam out quite a ways on our snorkel and let me tell you the current was rough, I was exhausted by the time we were done. We went in October however. There weren't a lot of people on the beach and they did bring us back up to some small shops on the way out.

Archived