Stupid beer question.....

Anni_M

Serious beer questions deserve serious answers. Beer like Sam Adams and Corona come in glass bottles, while Bud is served in aluminum. However, there are restrictions on the beer served in glass. On the open decks they will pour it in a cup and will not serve it in a bucket o' beer for obvious reasons.

Don't forget that Carnival offers Guinness and Boddington's that also come in aluminum, but aluminum gets a bad rap (not sure why). What most people percieve as a metallic taste may be due to the coating that is sprayed in aluminum cans, not the aluminum.

...I've had 5 or 6 Utopias over the years and made enough money on 3 of them that it paid for the ones I drank :eek:

I'm also into single malt scotch.

Did you have a chance to try the millennium? Can't do any scotch (bad experience with my mother's scotch in high school):o

well...lookie here what the barley and hops dragged in

Speaking of hops, I cannot even get some of the varieties I am looking for. Hop rhizomes should be available starting next month, and you bet yer arse I am growing my own this year. Got a half-acre and lots of bamboo for trellis. (Virginia hops, anyone):D

"hot chicks drink beer" lol ...

I agree completely!

Hey, no making fun of other people's beer! :p

You're right. I should apologize.

For all those who drink club soda, err I mean lite beer, you have my apologies that you drink lite beer. ;):rolleyes::D:D

Just kidding.:D

Cans & plastic bottles. I don't remember any glass bottles of beer.
On our last three cruises (Legend, Triumph, Sensation), Corona was in glass bottles -- they just didn't give it to us in the bottle when we ordered it. If we were on one of the open decks, it was poured into a plastic cup; inside it was poured into a glass. Several other types of beers were in glass bottles as well.

I sit here finishing an 05 Dog Fish Head Raison D'extra and I'm preparing to open up an 04 Dog Fish Head World Wide Stout.

Wife's out shopping, kids are in bed and I feel just fine!

Raison

Stout

I'm a beer geek. I also have an 05 Sam Adams Utopias as well as 7 03 Thomas Hardy's which are aging not to mention a few others. Some people age wine, I age beers.

Last night in my hot tub a friend of mine and I drank a few 3 year old American honey wheat home brews and boy were they tasty I'm working on building a wine cellar so I can have enough room to age both beer and wine.

I've had 5 or 6 Utopias over the years and made enough money on 3 of them that it paid for the ones I drank

I'm also into single malt scotch.

OMG...do you know repete? if not, you shld meet. this sounds like it cld be one of his posts, lol.:D he knows a lot about beer, but i haveta say...he's far from geeky.

Hey, no making fun of other people's beer!

i agree!:p (and we have had this discussion before, safetyal:rolleyes: :p --kidding. i saw your later post).

...Speaking of hops, I cannot even get some of the varieties I am looking for. Hop rhizomes should be available starting next month, and you bet yer arse I am growing my own this year. Got a half-acre and lots of bamboo for trellis. (Virginia hops, anyone):D

I agree completely!

speak of the devil!!! we have missed you.:(

hope you are feeling better!

Love it! When we all cruise together I'll make this into t-shirts for us!

What colors do y'all want??

Cheap date? Definitely not!:p

funny you say this...apparently it is a t-shirt already. this is how it came up. it was seen and well..., then it was mentioned to me. now, i personally think said t-shirt shld be purchased as a present for me, lol:p.

i do not know if i will get one, but if do, i'll let ya know.....and, if it looks like a nice one, we'll haveta think about doing a group order, lol.:D ;) :cool:

[Halos will have to use some masking tape or sumptin to cover and change the "beer" to "cosmos," but i wldn't feel right leaving her out just because she is a cosmo girl. she is after all, a beer thread girl, lol.:D ]

...speak of the devil!!! we have missed you.:(

hope you are feeling better!

Well, thank you for the kind words. Missing you all too. :)

Feeling much better, but still no beer yet after 10 days. Maybe one more day.:(

[Halos will have to use some masking tape or sumptin to cover and change the "beer" to "cosmos," but i wldn't feel right leaving her out just because she is a cosmo girl. she is after all, a beer thread girl, lol.:D ]

How about just "Hot Girls Drink":cool:

Gonna crash now -- hopefully talk to y'all tomorrow.

Well, thank you for the kind words. Missing you all too. :)

Feeling much better, but still no beer yet after 10 days. Maybe one more day.:(

Gonna crash now -- hopefully talk to y'all tomorrow.

you are better than me, lol. i do not think i have ever taken the full 10 day supply of antibiotics.:D

funny you say this...apparently it is a t-shirt already. this is how it came up. it was seen and well..., then it was mentioned to me. now, i personally think said t-shirt shld be purchased as a present for me, lol:p.

i do not know if i will get one, but if do, i'll let ya know.....and, if it looks like a nice one, we'll haveta think about doing a group order, lol.

Sounds like a plan! (You are just a giving type person!);)

LOL Works for me!:D

Their are no "stupid" questions when it comes to beer.

Zactly.

funny you say this...apparently it is a t-shirt already. this is how it came up. it was seen and well...' date=' then it was mentioned to me. now, i personally think said t-shirt shld be purchased as a present for me, lol:p.

i do not know if i will get one, but if do, i'll let ya know.....and, if it looks like a nice one, we'll haveta think about doing a group order, lol.

Wonder who that might have been? :cool: Fer cryin out loud, 3 cases of beer, now a shirt too?

There is no such thing as a "cheap date":cool:

Cheap date is a phrase women created to make men believe they were getting something for nothing!:p :D

Is that like the "why buy the cow" statement. Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Me thinks its a relative term.;)

NO I dont mean we are kin folks:eek:

LMAO, you sure Uncle daddy?

well 3 of the 4 of us have already admitted that the platinum card could reach the limit w/ our drankin'. so, you won't get off cheap with us, lol.

and, as far as halos goes, you may as well count her in too b/c you know those martinis ain't cheap. :p

Hmm, I think I can handle it. :cool:

Archived