Roll Call 17th Feb - Windsurf Barbados

englishtraveller

I am not sure why you haven't gotten an answer sooner, so hear it from a "newbie" on this board. There is alot of information on this board, you just have to weed through it with patience.

We are also new to Wind Surf and can't wait. We will be in Barbados only a day earlier...staying at the Hilton. My wife & I would love to have a drink with you on board, or at any one of the ports of call.

Jamie

Hi Jamie - Paul and I are very excited about our first cruise. We will be celebrating Paul's 50th a couple of days before we sail and the cruise will be something very different for us (a bit of an impulse - we only booked a couple of weeks ago). We are keen travellers and have been to many places in the world but this will be our first time in the Caribbean. We are looking forward to escaping from the cold and rain of England at this time of year. It would be lovely to join you for a drink once we are settled on board - perhaps we will have someone post a reply who is familiar with Windsurf arrangements and will suggest a good time. I was beginning to think we were the only couple on the cruise!

Mary

Hi Mary -- It is too funny...this cruise is a birthday present from my father (for my 50th)!!

Along with reading posts here, check out Wind Surf's Web page and click on the "Book Shore Excursions" link. Enter your booking number and you will get a list of things to do whilst ashore (for a fee). It is totally a personal preference thing, and you can get a feel of the excursions from previous posts here.

We will most likely check-in on board the ship sometime mid afternoon so we can leisurely unpack and check out the ship, relax and meet other cruisers if there are any, have dinner on board....

Glad to meet you two, Jackie & I will be the first to buy a drink.

Jamie

What a coincidence!

We have only booked one excusion (Volcano - St Lucia). We have set up car hire for St Barts and plan to do some independent exploring. We have been advised by some more experienced friends to plan our own tour where possible and have certainly found this cheaper.

We look forward to sharing a drink to celebrate the birthdays! I'm sure there will be somewhere where we can leave a message for you both.

Mary

Yes I agree -

However we received our tickets yesterday, which made me feel a lot better. Think on the bright side - we won't have to queue for dinner!

We had our first trip to the US in the autumn - New England to see the beautiful leaf foliage - and were bowled over by the warm welcome we recieved. We are looking forward to meeting more of your fellow americans on the cruise (if there are any!)

Hello and Happy Birthday to both couples who posted above me!

I am surprised you haven't had more responses to your posts. We are not on your cruise but we just got off the Windsurf from 2 weeks back to back on January 7th and had a wonderful time (other than some sports platform problems I posted my comments on earlier) I see that one couple is from Chicago (as are we) and one couple is from England. We just sailed with our friends from London that we met 3+ years ago on the Windsurf. Been best of freinds ever since. Always lots of great people on board.

You have great ports on your itinerary. St Barths is definitely worth exploring. The beaches on the north side of the island are really spectacular (as are the yachts in the Gustavia Harbor!) Try having lunch on the terrace at Hotel Isle de France while you are over there if you do go around to the north. We really liked it. Also check out the (expensive ... ouch!) shops in St Jean.

Have fun! Enjoy your trip! I wish we were going to be on your cruise! It's COLD here!

Thanks for the input. I've read your posts and wondered if you'd notice this one and give advice.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I'm sure our party, and English, will have a blast!

I am not ready for the high tomorrow to be 5 F. Bitter cold here. We're supposed to be out & about in it running around, then seeing "Defending the Caveman" at Pheasant Run. A long drive for us.

Anyway, thanks for jumping in.

Jamie

After reading the newer posts, I'm reconsidering .........

JUST KIDDING----------------IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT.

Expectations?????????

I still can't believe that no new folks have come forth to Roll Call!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh, as they say, "It is what it is."

Looking at the brochure it appears that ours is the first cruise on this route that did not qualify previous cruisers to a discount - therefore it is likely there will be more first timers like us. I would guess that fewers first timers would know about this site and that is the reason for fewer replies to roll call............. just a thought.

Anyway - it's quality that counts, not quantity!

Mary

It is always so much better to see the glass half full versus half empty. What ever the reason for lack of input, we will all figure out what to do and have a wonderful time.

We have also booked the catamaran to Soufriere's Volcano, as well as the St. Kitts snorkel adventure. We have been thinking of the St. Barts Independent Explorer, but have yet to act on it. Jackie and I do like the "find it for yourself" approach to find a secluded beach and other sights at our own pace, so we'll see what happens.

Our weather here has been very unfriendly and at times bitter! So, we can not wait to be in a warm climate!!

Jamie

I am sure that there will be a place where we can leave a message for you both on board suggesting a time to meet for a drink once we know what our movements will be. I imagine we could leave a message at the pursers office maybe? I have also noted that some people arrange to meet by the pool bar - what do you think?

Regards

Mary

Mary,

What a fantastic idea. Sorry I have not replied sooner, it has been very hetic here.

We would love to meet you by the pool bar...perhaps around 4:00?

I have found it surprising as to the lack of responses to your requests on other threads here. Surprising yes, yet, doesn't bother me as Jackie and I plan on having a wonderful time no matter what.

Jamie

Archived