What Exactly Are The Cruise Credits?

Ok, so I've read on the RCI website that you get 1 credit for a cruise, 2 if you are in a suite and/or are sailing longer than 12 days, but I can't find exactly what you use the points for.

Can anyone help out a lost soul here?

You have to be a Crown & Anchor member. That is how you move up the ladder. The more points you gather, the higher up on the program you get. Go to Rccl.com and read about the Crown & Anchor program, it will explain the point system.

I had already read the RCI website, but since I don't really care about what tier I am on I was wondering if there was any other perk to having them. Looks like there isn't.

What level are you at? Once you hit platinum then the biggest thing in my mind in the balcony discount.

What level are you at? Once you hit platinum then the biggest thing in my mind in the balcony discount.

I am looking at taking my 1st RCI cruise in '09 - haven't booked one yet.

It didn't occur to me that the points were just to get you to the next tier, which is why I was a bit confused. Since I don't really have a need for most of the perks offered (on RCI, or other lines that I am eligible for) I forget that there are several people who enjoy the perks for each tier, and may be anxious to get to the next level

Ok, so I've read on the RCI website that you get 1 credit for a cruise, 2 if you are in a suite and/or are sailing longer than 12 days, but I can't find exactly what you use the points for.

Can anyone help out a lost soul here?

Simply put, it's Royal Caribbean's repeat passenger's rewards program. It's equivalent to an airline's frequent flyer program. The more cruise credits/airline miles you accumulate, the more rewards you reap.

Archived