Where to stay...

tabcorn

Hi everyone. My husband and I are doing the southern caribbean cruise departing on the 28th of September, 2008. I would like to arrive on the 27th to avoid any mis-haps and because the 27th is our anniversary! 5 years baby! :) Here is my delima... Where do we stay? We don't need anything extraordinary, but something nice would be good. I also would like to have something affordable and not too outrageous on price. That is the first question. Here is my second. What is the best way to get to the pier from a resort/hotel? Thanks in advance for your help! We appreciate it. We are still learning on how all of this cruise stuff works, this will be our second cruise! :)

Check out both the Hotel Milano and Da House (I think I have the right spelling). Both affordable, and clean. Centrally located - just bring earplugs to both places. My mother stayed at Hotel Milano. It was decent, but nothing to rave about. The location was outstanding. Most importantly, she felt safe.

Caroline

WA state

Hi everyone. My husband and I are doing the southern caribbean cruise departing on the 28th of September, 2008. I would like to arrive on the 27th to avoid any mis-haps and because the 27th is our anniversary! 5 years baby! :) Here is my delima... Where do we stay? We don't need anything extraordinary, but something nice would be good. I also would like to have something affordable and not too outrageous on price. That is the first question. Here is my second. What is the best way to get to the pier from a resort/hotel? Thanks in advance for your help! We appreciate it. We are still learning on how all of this cruise stuff works, this will be our second cruise! :)

First of all, congrats on your anniversary! A cruise is the best way to celebrate!!! Where to stay for the best price? San Juan is notorious for being expensive. However, since you will be going 'off-season', you should be able to get a great deal. I would check prices at the major resorts: Caribe Hilton, Intercontinental, and the Marriott. If you are comfortable with Priceline (please know what you are doing first), then I would bid resort level. I have been able to secure a resort during off season for around $65/night.

How to get to the pier? Step out the door of your hotel and tell the taxi driver where you need to go!! Have fun. :D

Janet

Archived