Freedom of the Seas

I have several questions about our upcoming cruise. I know by the time we leave I will have more. My family and I (celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary) just booked the FOS for 7/27/08. We decided to book 2 oceanview rooms on deck 2 cabins 2652 and 2654. We did buy my parents a balcony cabin. I was wondering if any one has stayed in those cabins before or in that area and could tell me if we will hear a lot of engine noises. I wished we would have decided this sooner and we could have gotten midship, but there are no midship cabins available for this sailing. We could have gone forward, but it would have been by the ice skating rink and the confernce center. I was trying to find the lesser of two evils :D No matter what we will have a great time, I am just curious.

I also would like to know which nights are formal nights for the eastern itinerary. Prices for Sorrento's pizza, coffee at the cafe, and Ben and Jerry's.

Thank you all so much for your help.

I have several questions about our upcoming cruise. I know by the time we leave I will have more. My family and I (celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary) just booked the FOS for 7/27/08. We decided to book 2 oceanview rooms on deck 2 cabins 2652 and 2654. We did buy my parents a balcony cabin. I was wondering if any one has stayed in those cabins before or in that area and could tell me if we will hear a lot of engine noises. I wished we would have decided this sooner and we could have gotten midship, but there are no midship cabins available for this sailing. We could have gone forward, but it would have been by the ice skating rink and the confernce center. I was trying to find the lesser of two evils :D No matter what we will have a great time, I am just curious.

I also would like to know which nights are formal nights for the eastern itinerary. Prices for Sorrento's pizza, coffee at the cafe, and Ben and Jerry's.

Thank you all so much for your help.

I was on the Eastern Itinerary in October. The formal nights were on Monday, the first sea day (Captains Gala Dinner), and then the second was the Friday, day 6, the second sea day (chef's dinner).

Sorrentos is free. They have pizza, panini only for dinner, desserts, salads and anitpastas, snacks, etc. All is free (well, except if you buy a drink there.)

Also, i'm not really sure about prices for The Seatles coffee and the Promenade cafe, or the ice cream at Ben & Jerrys.

Cot427--

Thanks for the information. We have requested an early dinner and I usually get the midnight munchies and have to get some pizza. How late do they stay open for pizza? Yeah, too bad the drinks aren't free:D . That could be very dangerous. :eek:

Cot427--

Thanks for the information. We have requested an early dinner and I usually get the midnight munchies and have to get some pizza. How late do they stay open for pizza? Yeah, too bad the drinks aren't free:D . That could be very dangerous. :eek:

After a late night of gambling on Freedom I stopped and got pizza around 1:30 a and it was still open. In fact I did that more than once that week! (i'm bad!)

As far as deck 2, our two sons stayed on deck 2 on FOS and they said it was quiet. When I went in their room I could not hear anything, or see anything for that matter their room was so darn messy :eek:

Have a great cruise and have a slice of pizza for me at Sorentos :D

You can always keep checking the website to see if rooms you like better in your category open up and then change rooms. Alot of times just before final payment time some rooms open up.

Sorrentos has great pizza, we often would grab a slice at night on the way up to our room. Some nights as late as 3:00 am., the Compass says it is open 24 hours, I tend to believe that since I never saw it closed.

Have a great cruise!

sports mama

This is too weird, but we are staying in cabin 2652 in August!

you will have to send me pics of the room when you ge back.

I was just on the LOS, sorrentos had great cookies, brownies

salads, and sandwiches as well as pizza. Ben and Jerrys was not very

$$. expect to pay around $3 for a single scoop of ice cream.

I cant wait to go on FREEDOM..

Thank you all so much for the information!!!! That is why I love these boards so much.

Rosebud--actually I am staying in cabin 2654 and my brother is staying in 2652, but I will definitely post some pictures and give a full review when I get back.

Archived