Sailing to Alaska next summer? LOOK OUT!

Robin7

My 23-year-old son just got this email from Holland America Line:

Congratulations on accepting a position as a Driver/Guide with Holland America Tours/Gray Line of Alaska. We are excited to have you onboard for the 2008 season!

He is so excited! I don't know anything about how it works. He has some training to attend in a couple of weeks. He thinks he'll make enough to cover all of his tuition and books and living expenses for college next year. The recruiter really sold the job.

He's a great driver, too. What an adventure!

Robin

My 23-year-old son just got this email from Holland America Line:He's a great driver, too. What an adventure!

Robin

One of the best driver/guides we've had in Alaska was a college kid (or recent grad maybe) in Juneau. He was born there, and had a lot of funny little stories ... like the loooong lines of cars backed up at the McDonald's drive-in window when it first opened because it was such a novelty! Tell your son to learn some good jokes, because the better the pax like him the better they'll tip!

BTW, Robin, we are having dinner with the infamous "Norm" tonite he and DW are in FL for a wedding - should be fun.

Awwwwwww! Wish we could be there! Have fun and tell "Babaloo" hello. (I have to say, that was the most fun of any of those Superstar competitions we've been to.)

Robin

Congratulate him for me - wish I'd been able to do something like that when I was in school!

Of course, no one knew where Alaska WAS in those days....;)

Was there an Alaska in those days? You know, when dinosaurs roamed the earth HA HA J/k :p

Congrats to the OP's son! That's awesome! Keaka and I will miss him by a season as we are going to Alaska in 09! :D (I almost talked Keaka into 08, but we have friends and family coming with us in 09, so we couldn't do it to them).

Archived