Carnivals Anniversary Gifts

caribbeanchickie

Hi everyone,

We are on the Triumph Jan 19 :D I was thinking of surprising DH with a High Seas Anniversary gift and was curious to know if anyone has recently purchased this.

What did you think?

Was it worth the money? ( I think it is)

Do you have a picture to share? :)

But most importantly, did your spouse/g/f/bf like it?

If so, did they thank you in a "Special way"....JUST KIDDING....LOL

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

( PS, Room decorations pics would be nice as well)

I ordered room decorations (suprise for hubby) Google Carnival room decorations...I found a couple of pic's. I was on the fence regarding the anniversary basket, but decided against it. The t-shirts that come in the basket are extra large , maybe large? Dont remember. What would I do with a huge shirt. I am going to save the money and buy a shirt on board that fits me. Just my opinion!

Hubby surprised me with our first cruise for our 1st anniversary. EVERYTHING about it was a surprise to me - I didn't even know where we were going until our plane landed in Orlando. :)

As for the Carnival Anniversary stuff - when we arrived, they had pushed our beds together (it was an OV with two twins I guess) and decorated the room. It was sooooo sweet!

We didn't get a cake or shirts or anything, which was fine with me! Who needs to pay for an additional cake with all that food already!? Hubby said he just didn't see justifying all that extra $$ when we could (and did) use it for other stuff on the ship and excursions that we'd enjoy more. The decorations were a nice surprise, though! I personally wouldn't spend the extra for anything more than the decorations. You can buy t-shirts on the ship or at your ports, and use the other $$ for an extra excursion or something. But that's just me. :)

Here's a picture of what our room looked like when we arrived:

86tyryf.jpg

Hi everyone,

We are on the Triumph Jan 19 :D I was thinking of surprising DH with a High Seas Anniversary gift and was curious to know if anyone has recently purchased this.

What did you think?

Was it worth the money? ( I think it is)

Do you have a picture to share? :)

But most importantly, did your spouse/g/f/bf like it?

If so, did they thank you in a "Special way"....JUST KIDDING....LOL

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

( PS, Room decorations pics would be nice as well)

I surprised DW with that exact item in '07 and it is definately worth the $$ and she did like it. I'm still wearing the t-shirt. You can hardly see it here on the desk. http://family.webshots.com/photo/2895501320015312306uyzLun

Just remember to save the box the flutes come in for transporting home. Make them easily accessable for the TSA to check them.

I don't know if they still do this, but I took the photo coupon and bought our embarkation photo, so that ended up being $5.00 and they threw in a picture frame. I think everyone got the frame with that photo. On Xmas day we actually used the flutes for our mimosas. Personally I find the room decoration to be a bit too expensive, but that's just me.

I surprised a honeymoon couple with a large basket. They both loved the stuff -- but the drink coupons and the photo coupon was appreciated as well.

They said it was fun to havea basket on their bed when they opened the door. Even their room steward made a big thing about it!!

The t-shirts we got were marked XL. They are the smallest XL I have ever seen. More like a large. On the other hand, the visors were great and the Carnival beach towel is awesome.

Our kids had our room decorated as an anniversary surprise for us last month. It was great, we loved the decorations, the gifts, etc. I did eventually have to move everything (they were attached with magnets) since my 6'6" husband had a clearance problem.

295823155.jpg

295823164.jpg

295823165.jpg

295823608.jpg

The t-shirts we got were marked XL. They are the smallest XL I have ever seen. More like a large. On the other hand, the visors were great and the Carnival beach towel is awesome.

Our kids had our room decorated as an anniversary surprise for us last month. It was great, we loved the decorations, the gifts, etc. I did eventually have to move everything (they were attached with magnets) since my 6'6" husband had a clearance problem.

295823155.jpg

295823164.jpg

295823165.jpg

295823608.jpg

Thank you for the lovely pictures.

The gift basket in the pic, It looks like the High seas ....gift basket?

If so, what are the glasses like? Plastic flutes?

The T-shirts are just T-shirts? The descriptions says they have a pocket? I was thinking they were more liek golf shirts?

PS. Your hubby sure is stall. Unfortunatly I wouldn't have that problem. (5'1)

I surprised DW with that exact item in '07 and it is definately worth the $$ and she did like it. I'm still wearing the t-shirt. You can hardly see it here on the desk. http://family.webshots.com/photo/2895501320015312306uyzLun

Just remember to save the box the flutes come in for transporting home. Make them easily accessable for the TSA to check them.

I don't know if they still do this, but I took the photo coupon and bought our embarkation photo, so that ended up being $5.00 and they threw in a picture frame. I think everyone got the frame with that photo. On Xmas day we actually used the flutes for our mimosas. Personally I find the room decoration to be a bit too expensive, but that's just me.

Thanks for the pic and the tip about the photo. I will try that when we board.

Hubby surprised me with our first cruise for our 1st anniversary. EVERYTHING about it was a surprise to me - I didn't even know where we were going until our plane landed in Orlando. :)

As for the Carnival Anniversary stuff - when we arrived, they had pushed our beds together (it was an OV with two twins I guess) and decorated the room. It was sooooo sweet!

We didn't get a cake or shirts or anything, which was fine with me! Who needs to pay for an additional cake with all that food already!? Hubby said he just didn't see justifying all that extra $$ when we could (and did) use it for other stuff on the ship and excursions that we'd enjoy more. The decorations were a nice surprise, though! I personally wouldn't spend the extra for anything more than the decorations. You can buy t-shirts on the ship or at your ports, and use the other $$ for an extra excursion or something. But that's just me. :)

Here's a picture of what our room looked like when we arrived:

86tyryf.jpg

AWWWW, How sweet of your DH to surprise you. Not sure I could handle getting on a plane not knowing where I was going but, that's just me.

I can hear myself now, "Are we there yet", Where we going".....LMAO!!

I agree about the cake. It's not that I have a problem paying for it, it's just that there is so much food on board. Why one arth would I buy a cake....IMHO.

Thanks for the respone. :)

Archived