Boarding time question

vol3820

I've been searching the forums, but I can't really find an answer to this.

The flight we're considering lands in FLL at 1:15pm. If we go straight to the port, are we gonna have enough time?

It's all in the "IF"- if your flight is on time and there are no traffic delays, you're ok. It's all the "unknowns" that no one can give you assurance for

Note: Do you have connecting flights? I would definitely pack some extra clothes in your carry-ons just in case you and your luggage get separated

No, it's a straight shot on this flight....that's why we want it.

What time do people normally get to the port to get started?

And thanks so much for you response!!

We usually get to port between 11am and noon. You should be ok providing all goes well with your flight. After losing our luggage for a number of days on our first cruise, we always fly in a few days ahead and pack extra clothing in our carry-on:) I also now photocopy the ship/itin. details and cabin number and place on top of clothing in luggage (that way if it is lost or luggage tags come off, the airline still has the info for sending it on) I guess I err on the side of over-compensating since our lost luggage experience:D

Hey Vol,

If you haven't booked yet....and you're flying out of Nashville... I saved big bucks by using Southwest ($300 less than United, Delta, etc.)!! Just booked the other day, nonstop, flight 2097 would get you on the ground in FLL in 2hrs 10 min (arrives 11:25am, straight shot, hard to lose luggage). There are 2 return flights on the 23rd that are nonstop. I took the 2ish flight, just in case the ship gets back late or customs takes too long. Hope this helps. Mrs. Mick

Thanks for the info! We're outside of Chattanooga though, so Southwest is out.

I think we've decided to drive down to Atlanta and leave from there (to nervous about the time). More than I wanted to pay, but we'll get in FLL before 10am. The return flight doesn't leave til 5ish....but that's okay too. It'll give the boys a chance to calm down before getting on the plane, lol.

I'm so ready to goooo!!!!!!

Archived