RCCI - Docking????????

JJHNLC

Hi Trish,

Thanks for the information on the port. I have another question if you don't mind, what kind of tour do you do and is there anything there within walking distance from the ship to do?

Thanks so much!

Hi John & Lisa:

Thanks for the information on the port. I have another question if you don't mind, what kind of tour do you do and is there anything there within walking distance from the ship to do? Thanks so much!

Glad I can help out with your day in Dominica. DH/I went on the 12-day southern caribbean cruise in early December on EX and this was one of our favorite ports!

After months of research (I'm a research nut) I booked a tour with Levi from Bumping Tours. Site is: http://www.bumpiingtours.com

Levi is a sweetheart! There was five of us on this tour and we had a blast. We stopped at Emerald Pool, Mr. Nice Fruit Stand, Trafalgar Falls, Sulpher Springs, Botanical Garden (did a drive by due to showers) and Morne Bruce. The picture I posted is the view from Morne Bruce. Levi provided local beer (Yum-O), bottled water and I believe soda. Being the crazy people we are we opt for the beer and I have to say it was excellent! LOL Levi loves his job, will answer any of your questions, is a safe driver, loves his homeland, etc. The roads are steep, curvy and a little bumpy in some areas but we were fine, we went with the flow and had fun with it. I highly recommend him. The tour was from 8am-3pm but it was worth it. The natural beauty of this island will truly amaze you. The Dominicans are friendly people, aren't pushy like in the other islands and it was so much fun. Out of the seven ports we visited, this port was fantastic and our favorite. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I'm really picky when it comes to tours, etc. but Levi was great. He took excellent care of us and made sure we had a wonderful visit.

The city near the port is very unique in it's own way. The buildings are older, streets are very narrow but it was clean. Due to an all day tour, rain off/on, we didn't have much time to walk around but found a store (thanks to Levi) to get our t-shirts. Vendors are set up all over the place and they don't bother you which is nice. By the dock which is small you may see a few ladies trying to sell some hand made craft type flowers. If you say no thank you politely they leave you alone. DH/I loved this port for so many reasons. The weather was rain off/on all day but due to that we saw some gorgeous rainbows.

Dominica is not built up like the other islands so there's not much to do as far as shopping which is fine with me. The island is beautiful via. scenery and it's something to see.

Hope this helps you out. If you contact Levi... tell him Trish says HI! LOL

Any questions please ask and have a wonderful cruise!

Sea ya!

Archived