Alaska: Carnival or Princess

bigred4770

My first cruise was a one-way on Princess going to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, and College Fjord. My cruise this July on the Veendam will take me to new ports in Haines and Sitka, and to Hubbard Glacier. Of the major ports/glaciers, I'm missing Tracy Arm Fjord and Icy Strait Point, and I'd also like to do a southbound cruise. The southbound Spirit is in Juneau from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m., and would allow ample time for a small boat cruise to Tracy Arm - so it would fulfill 2 of the 3 things I would like on a future cruise (2009 or later), as well as repeat visits to Skagway and Sitka. So even though it wouldn't be my choice for a first cruise to Alaska, it does have some very good points. Now - if I could just swallow the fact that it's on Carnival! :)

My first cruise was a one-way on Princess going to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, and College Fjord. My cruise this July on the Veendam will take me to new ports in Haines and Sitka, and to Hubbard Glacier. Of the major ports/glaciers, I'm missing Tracy Arm Fjord and Icy Strait Point, and I'd also like to do a southbound cruise. The southbound Spirit is in Juneau from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m., and would allow ample time for a small boat cruise to Tracy Arm - so it would fulfill 2 of the 3 things I would like on a future cruise (2009 or later), as well as repeat visits to Skagway and Sitka. So even though it wouldn't be my choice for a first cruise to Alaska, it does have some very good points. Now - if I could just swallow the fact that it's on Carnival! :)

AWW Nancy..Live dangerously and take the plunge...Carnival in Alaska is no different from anyother cruise line....Well they all have their differences...But they are not major..:) The Spirit is a beautiful ship...

Sitka is a lovely port and I would LOVE to visit there again some day..

Kelly

AWW Nancy..Live dangerously and take the plunge...Carnival in Alaska is no different from anyother cruise line....Well they all have their differences...But they are not major..:) The Spirit is a beautiful ship...

Sitka is a lovely port and I would LOVE to visit there again some day..

Kelly

Booking another Alaska cruise would be "living dangerously" at my house! Oh wait - Carnival is already booking for 2009, aren't they! :cool:

Archived