First Night Dining Room Attire

teacher2cruiser

When we cruised before on RCI, anything went in the dining room on the first night since some didn't have their luggage before eating. Is it the same with NCL? I'm planning on traveling in a windsuit or jeans tomorrow morning for the drive.......will that be okay in the dining room the first night?

Thanks, and I hope someone answers me quickly.

On all of our NCL cruises the dress code was always relaxed the first night. They do realize that everyone might not have received their luggage yet. There are always people who just won't go to dinne untill they can change. The buffet is an option if you feel uncomfortable going to the dining room in a windsuit.

I asked this question before our cruise, my husband wanted to wear shorts for the drive down. I got various answers and he ended up wearing jeans and we got our luggage in time so he could have changed. We did see a few people in shorts the first night so I am sure the windsuit will be fine.

We did see them turn people away in shorts on other nights. One night we saw them seat a man wearing shorts, it was busy and I don't think they noticed at first but someone must have said something because I noticed him coming back about 15 minutes later in long pants. Jeans and t-shirts were allowed.

Have fun.

Archived