Post Up Your Cakes!

NurseBeth

I agree i would love to see some cakes also. I sent a picture out to TWE about the cake i wanted and they said it would be about 350 to do it, and all it is, is an extra tier with shells and stuff on it. I am thinking about cancelling that because we only have like 10 people going with us, and it sounds like the smaller cake feeds that many and it is included in my package. So sorry for going on and on but i too am intrested in cake feedback and information.

Here is the picture of our cake from our wedding. I HATED this cake topper (if you read my review, you probably know that) :) and requested fresh flowers, but they never made it. Dont know what happened there, but in the long run, it doesn't matter and we were so happy on our wedding day.... that we didn't even care. I think the only one who cared was my mother.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dianatimm/ProfessionalWeddingPictures/photo?authkey=8OEOlswdDPQ#5108308045307065666

We were married on RCCI's Sovereign of the Seas on Nov 9, 2007. Below is a (small) picture of our cakes. I ordered both cakes as vanilla with vanilla filling, but we somehow ended up with one vanilla/vanilla cake, and one chocolate/chocolate cake. They were both delicious! We got many complements from our guests about how good they were. I didn't think there was going to be a topper, so I bought a dove wedding couple at Michael's (for $2.40!) and put tulle around them. Both our cakes arrived with gumpaste roses on them, so we just put the doves between the two cakes.

Just one of the cakes was needed for us and our guests (24 people in all). I don't know if the coordinator cut small slices, or how it happened. The second cake was delivered whole to our stateroom, and we didn't eat it until the last day of the cruise (we were married on Friday, and ate it Sunday), and it was still moist and delicious.

1168938491_SAP_3316small.jpg.fb40569c2aaff635a8d0a26be25ec050.jpg

Oh I forgot to mention..I paid for the flower topper...but for some strange reason they didn't put it on the cake...it was placed next to the cake...so if anyone is thinking of adding them on..it was a waste of money...and the cake wa pretty just the way it was. We also had a smaller cake that was the bride and groom cake..but I used it for my parents 50th! The cake was good...but no one ate it at all...there was so much food no one wanted cake!

Diana

did anyone have to ask for the flowers or anything to be put onto the cake? not that i care all that much but i would like it to be at least pretty :) should i give them an idea of what i would like on it or anything?

also, if i am having 130 people, what size cake should i order? i can't imagine getting a cake that feeds that many considering not everyone eats it. thanks!

~jess

I asked for fresh flowers and this is what they gave me...the fresh flowers were placed beside the cake..

266930267503_0_ALB.jpg

I asked why they did this..and the Cord said since the fondant flowers come on the cake..they didn't want to mess up the cake...the cake was very pretty and there was two of them...so if you are a RCI bride..no need to tell them you want flowers on the cake...this is the way it comes. My sister added the hearts to the cake.

11/23/08 wedding....

This was onboard the Carnival Valor. I emailed the executive chef the picture of what I wanted and I provided the flowers. I wanted a special design on my cake that was the same on my wedding dress and I added an extra tier. It only cost me an extra $100 to do so. It was well worth it even though I had a lot of cake left over, it was beautiful.

Here are some pics of my cake on the Crown Princess. I didn't submit any pics of cakes that I wanted or ask for any special design. I did need to pay extra because I had 100 guests and needed more cake for that amount of people. I liked it okay, but if I could do it over again I would definitely give pics of cakes I would like it to look like...something more beachy I guess. But it was good though, I can't complain;-):o

1851678414_resizedfullcake.jpg.e9a9075b410e4e7c691a2fb5779883d0.jpg

659753544_resizedfullcakewithchampagneinbakeground.jpg.4df282ac68ded5d52d56916f7941199b.jpg

1008716386_resizedtopofcake.jpg.59f4cb5d3ca030f0de9b3d953b5c7b5f.jpg

11/23/08 wedding....

This was onboard the Carnival Valor. I emailed the executive chef the picture of what I wanted and I provided the flowers. I wanted a special design on my cake that was the same on my wedding dress and I added an extra tier. It only cost me an extra $100 to do so. It was well worth it even though I had a lot of cake left over, it was beautiful.

Wow this thread has really taken off!! Thanks everyone for sharing your pics!!! I didn't know that Carnival would accomodate special requests for cake design. I have a picture of a cake that I have fallen in love with.....Rellie, did you tell TWE that you wanted a custom cake and they provided you with the email address of the executive chef? That is really good to know!

11/23/08 wedding....

Wow this thread has really taken off!! Thanks everyone for sharing your pics!!! I didn't know that Carnival would accomodate special requests for cake design. I have a picture of a cake that I have fallen in love with.....Rellie, did you tell TWE that you wanted a custom cake and they provided you with the email address of the executive chef? That is really good to know!

Beth --

I dealt with Monica at TWE and she was great. I told her that I wanted to ensure that they knew exactly what I wanted so I asked if she could email the staff onboard. She emailed him and he emailed her back and she forwarded all the emails to me. They were very accomodating!

i recently got married on Carnival Fascination (1/4/08). we had 79 people attend the wedding. our cake was vanilla and strawberry and i actually loved the cake. we had it at dinner for 3 nights while on the cruise.

here is the cake

3p098.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here's our cake. We send a picture (through the groups department) of what we wanted. It was about $350 and we provided the ribbon for the cake. We had 51 guests and they told us a size, but when we got there it was much larger. We had a lot of cake left.

The cake that came with the package was pretty and had fresh roses on top. It probably would have fed about 25 people.

Both cakes were very good.

80739150_CakeFinal.jpg.bf4e0d5c534be9cd3ae51bb75af7fd09.jpg

Is there a way that you can ask Carnival NOT to put all the embellishments on the sides of the cake. I am planning on bringing my own silk flowers to put on the cake and I prefer things to look a little more simple!

Archived