Just off the Triumph!!

DreDay

I am new here and came to check out the Triumph specifically, as we are considering booling a June cruise with our kids (all boys, ages 8, 14, and 17). It sounds like you have all enjoyed your trips on this ship, so I am glad to hear that. I read in a review that there is a "sewage" smell on the main deck - did any of you notice this? Also, the age of the ship is mentioned frequently. Is this ship outdated? Worn? This is likely a once in a lifetime trip for us with our kids and I absolutely do not want anyone to be disappointed... Any advice would be appreciated!

With kids this age I think they will love itenerary. As far as the sewer smell, I wish I had not read about it. I found myself constantly on the lookout for it. That was silly!!! It did lend itself to my nostrils on an occassion or two on the Riviera Deck and on the deck 4 as we were walking to dinner, but it was not that bad. The only time that we got it bad was in our room, in the bathroom, once or twice. It seemed to happen when the ship was getting ready to pull out of port. We could hear the engines start, feel the rumble, and then there was an odor in the bathroom. Again, it was not horrible and was cleared out very quickly. My kids thought it was hilarious and blamed eachother for it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would not say that the sewage smell is anything to really worry about. As far as the shape or age of the ship. It was in good shape and as JoeSmooga said, it does show some wear every once in a while, but so do some of the best hotels, disneyland, etc. As I mentioned before, it was not my favorite ship but I would book a cruise on her again anytime.

Okay...I found a quiet moment to finish up this review. Our last port was NASSAU and with the help of these boards we decided to visit one of the local hotels to use their facilities. I am so glad that we did. It was the perfect, most relaxing, and really cheap days that we had on the trip. We decided to go to the Sheraton Cable Beach resort. We hopped on a jitney bus for $1 per person and took about a 15 minute ride to the resort. For $15/adult and $7.50/child, we purchased day passes that allowed us to use their facilites along with the neighboring hotel the Wyndham. The pool at the Sheraton is spectacular. The beach at this hotel is more like a little cove and the kids really enjoyed playing there for a while. There were only a handful of people on the beach and it was really quiet. After an hour or two, we moved over to the beach at in front of the Wyndham that was a more traditional beach. There was a little more people on this beach but still not crowded at all. The kids and I swam in the water, it was very clear. There is watersports available, and we almost did the banana boat, but my kids were a little spooked. We walked back to the restuarant at the Sheraton (it was like a hop, skip, and a jump away) and had a late lunch. After a little more time on the beach we picked up another jitney bus back to downtown and spent about an hour shopping. We were back on the ship in time for dinner. I loved this day! Like I said; very relaxing and easy on the wallet. This night we went to play Bingo prior to the Legends show and then stayed to watch it. I love this production. It is always really entertaining and funny. This is the one where fellow guests impersonate Britney Spears, Madonna, Elton John, Elvis, and others. Afterward, we wandered the ship a little more, snuck in our millionth ice cream cone, and then went to our room to pack.:(

The following morning was pretty uneventful. I went up to Lido to get breakfast for our bunch and brought it back to our room. Disembarking was fairly painless. We did the self disembark. They call those by floors now instead of all at once. I thought it was odd that they were more regular passengers let off prior to any self disembark. We cheated and left after they called my moms and DS floor, but before they called ours.

This was really a wonderful cruise. I am sure I am forgetting some stuff so if anyone has other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

The weather was weathery and the seas were wet. I here there won't be any weather when you are going and the seas will be dry. Does that make you happy??? :D

Just wanted to say I love the pic of the pug! My pug is sitting right next to me as we speak...or...as I type!;)

No problem! We were originally booked for 13 people and he was charging $520 for our group. 4 of our group did not end up going because they were not feeling well. I advised this of him the night before (as I was trying to clarify the time difference stuff). He said the price was $50 per person. So, for the nine of us we paid $450.00. We tipped the driver $60. The van we were in would have fit 14 people just fine. It was nice and clean and the A/C worked good. Too good, we had to ask him to turn it down.:) His phone number is 787-593-9014 and email is countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com.

Thanks!:)

Morgansmommy....we were going to get married at Maegen's Bay, but went with a different coordinator so now we're getting married at Emerald Bay...a little more secluded and has a little more personalization for a wedding. I think I'm bugging my fiance about all the details...I just can't wait to get on the ship and settle in with a nice frozen drink...and then probably start worrying about getting off the ship in time to meet our coordinator in St. Thomas :-)

Where are you guys meeting after muster?

Dre...thanks so much for all your posts....it has been informative...not to mention getting me very excited about leaving in 35 days!!!

Thanks for posting the Caper. Would you happen to have a copy of any Triumph menus? Also, can anyone tell me how much they charge for a soda with dinner? Don't think I want to purchase the Fountain card but was wondering if I should order some soda coupons online before we leave. Does it save that much?

Morgansmommy....we were going to get married at Maegen's Bay, but went with a different coordinator so now we're getting married at Emerald Bay...a little more secluded and has a little more personalization for a wedding. I think I'm bugging my fiance about all the details...I just can't wait to get on the ship and settle in with a nice frozen drink...and then probably start worrying about getting off the ship in time to meet our coordinator in St. Thomas :-)

Where are you guys meeting after muster?

Dre...thanks so much for all your posts....it has been informative...not to mention getting me very excited about leaving in 35 days!!!

tntworek,

I am totally bugging my husband, friends, family about the trip! I am so excited! We are meeting after muster at the New World Pool I believe. It's been a while since anyone mentioned it again. I hope I find them all. I can't remember the name of the beach we went to last time in St. Thomas bu Emerald Bay rings a bell. If it's the same place we went it is nice. They had a wedding there the day we went too. Good luck, I loooove weddings!

Can I ask what you all are taking about waiting for a Number to be called never heard of that before and this is my 9th am I missing something.

This was our 4th cruise, and this was new to us this time too. For self disembark they ask you to wait until your floor number is called before you self disembark. I am assuming more and more people are using this method and they don't want a whord of people trying to get off the ship at one time.

We were on the Jan 19/08 sailing on the Triumph

The below comments are MY OPINION only. Other cruisers this week will likely have a different view. :)

Our overall cruise was very good. However, I did have a few problems.

Sewage smell, ceiling was leaking ( a few doors down), housekeeping staff were a tad bit lazy ( hence no extra tip. Our wonderful Bar waiter Sigit, received extra) , no power in our cabin one day. Maint. was notified but they never did come by. They did call the next morning to see if it was restored though......:mad: I think it had something to do with the TV. When I unplugged it the next morning, power was restored.:confused:

I ordered a high seas romance gift pkg and one of the glasses were cracked. It took almost 4 days for the glass to be replaced.

Happy Anniversary room decorations were a nice touch. Have pics if anyone is interested.

Food- Not the greatest but edible.

Entertainment- Eddie Capone is HILARIOUS.

The female lead singer, O M G, She sounds awful.( The Aretha Franklin legend should replace her) Or maybe it is because both singers just don't sing well together??? Whatever it is, I dreaded when she came on stage.

Despite all the problems, we had a fabulous time.

Our category 9A, 8427 was HUGE. Loved the extra large balcony and bigger room. Thanks Carnival for the Upgrade. :D Have pics of this as well if anyone is interested.

I will likely write a little review and post the link to our hundreds of pics. Naming each pic could take days so bare with me, please.

I also have the Daily capers if anyone is interested.

It was announced that over 600 kids were on this sold out sialing. Camp Carnival did an amazing job at keeping them busy. We wouldn't have even know if Brad didn't annouce it. WTG Camp Carnival!

Purr 30,

Glad you had a nice time on your trip and sorry to hear about the awful stuff. I am a bit scared now! I keep hearing about the sewage smell and I really don't want to encounter that! Glad to hear Camp Carnival did a good job, my daughter will be in there.

I would be interested in seeing your review, pics, menus, capers, whatever you post. I love to be prepared!

Thanks, Adrienne

Archived