Comfort of Delta flts Atl-Bcn

I have a similiar question as another post - but about Delta. We are booked in Coach - leave Atl at 8:00pm arrive in Barcelona at 11:00am.

How is the flight? Were you able to sleep? Is there a tv monitor at each seat or just the aisles? Any tips to help us manage the 10 hour flight better? Especially those of us that will not have a window seat?

Thanks!

We flew from ATL to London last summer, which is a similar length flight. We also flew coach. The flight was ok...I wouldn't say the best ever, but it was doable (I am doing it again this summer, it must have been somewhat ok. :D) There are several large monitors throughout the cabin, but in coach each seat does not have a screen. I slept only because I was beyond exhausted and due to weather trouble we didn't take off until 1am. The way over went a lot quicker than the way back where we didn't really sleep much. I also should add that my husband and I are not small people and we were comfortable with the two of us in the row (It was two across, so we had an aisle and the window).

I have a similiar question as another post - but about Delta. We are booked in Coach - leave Atl at 8:00pm arrive in Barcelona at 11:00am.

How is the flight? Were you able to sleep? Is there a tv monitor at each seat or just the aisles? Any tips to help us manage the 10 hour flight better? Especially those of us that will not have a window seat?

We flew coach on Continental from Houston to Paris - same deal - overnight flight.

I can never sleep on a plane.....it's a curse. But I wasnt the only one who couldnt.

Tips: Drink lots of water before the trip. It helps with jet lag. Get up and walk around from time to time. We were almost in the very back and I went to the open area near the kitchen and did stretches.... it helped alot. Lots of people did laps. The plane had 2 aisles (it was a biggie) and they went round and round - LOL Also - take a deck of cards. I saw some groups playing cards - they were not all flying together either - helps pass the time. I watched one movie (we each had our own t.v. monitors on the seat in front of us) and we could select which movie we wanted to watch from a choice of maybe 5. I bought a blow up pillow. It was great even if I didnt sleep. I had a squishy one but that took up too much room in my carryon so I bought a blow up one and when I was done with it I just let the air out and voila' back in the carryon.

I'm sure there are others out there with some good tips too......

If you want to try to sleep on a plane, I suggest the following. Eat something before boarding (airplane food is usually terrible and full of sodium, which causes you to retain fluid -- e.g., swollen feet, etc). Nab a pillow and blanket as soon as you board, if they aren't already on your seat. (On my most recent Delta overseas flight, they were.)

Once you get on board, take some Tylenol pm as soon as your flight is in the air. Don't take it before -- I've had the experience of taking it as soon as we're boarded, only to have to get off the plane and find a new gate/rebook while feeling slightly fuzzy.

Put on your eyeshades (Delta now provides these on overseas flights, along with toothpaste/brush, and earplugs) and earplugs if you wish. Change into socks. Drink some water. Then try to sleep.

This works for me most times. If you find you can't sleep, then just relax and try watching the movie with low volume or listening to your mp3 if you brought one. Sometimes I can drift off while doing this.

Delta coach is no more uncomfortable than most coach overseas flights. The seats are slightly larger (and I mean "slightly") than domestic coach flights. You do tend to get a numb bum after a while if you don't get up and walk around.

Archived